Home Sports Talk
Options

Roberto Alomar sued for having sex knowing he had AIDS

sick if true

So I guess it used to be kids could look up to ball players. That was a loooooooong time ago...

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Well from the article I learned

1. She never states that she contracted AIDs from Alomar
    2. Alomar or anyone associated with him never stated he had AIDs
    3. She is not suing for contracting AIDs but from the mental anguish from living in fear of possibly contracting it.

If she actually doesn't have AIDS but is suing because of the "fear" it caused her I think it's pretty frivoulous. Also even if he does have it and you don't, he is dying, trying to prove he knew at some point in time but didn't tell you is pretty much trying to pick meat from a dead carcass, without positive tests how do you know he had it when you thought he did?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Well from the article I learned

>>

.........that this world is getting crazier and crazier by the day.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "If she actually doesn't have AIDS but is suing because of the "fear" it caused her I think it's pretty frivoulous...."

//////////////////////////

Actually, it is a common and frequent cause of action and is seldom ruled to be frivolous.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    50 Million is alot of fear. I think she is po'd he hasn't died and left her his money yet.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sick if true

So I guess it used to be kids could look up to ball players. That was a loooooooong time ago... >>

Probably just because their STD's weren't well publicized back in the day.

As for Alomar, the guy always did set off my gaydar. And I'm not even gay.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Alomar looked like he was gay as well ( same thing with Chuck Knoblauch ) , Im not "Bashing" him or anyone who might be gay either but like Yawie said he set my gaydar off as well- and No I am not gay either.

I thought I heard years ago he was engaged to Mary Pierce though?
  • Options

<< <i>As for Alomar, the guy always did set off my gaydar. And I'm not even gay. >>

<< <i>always thought Alomar looked like he was gay as well ( same thing with Chuck Knoblauch ) , Im not "Bashing" him or anyone who might be gay either but like Yawie said he set my gaydar off as well- and No I am not gay either >>

and, as we all know, only gay people get AIDS..........
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As for Alomar, the guy always did set off my gaydar. And I'm not even gay. >>

<< <i>always thought Alomar looked like he was gay as well ( same thing with Chuck Knoblauch ) , Im not "Bashing" him or anyone who might be gay either but like Yawie said he set my gaydar off as well- and No I am not gay either >>

and, as we all know, only gay people get AIDS.......... >>

Absolutely correct, and as we also know there were only a handful of baseball players who were bad apples and did performance enhancing drugs.
  • Options

<< <i>Absolutely correct, and as we also know there were only a handful of baseball players who were bad apples and did performance enhancing drugs. >>

There were that many? Watching the news lately, I thought there was only one...
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    nah-he was just the market test, theres 103 more supposedly that got ratted out that s.i has the list forimage
    they just havnt dropped the bomb on all of them yet image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Last year an ex-girlfriend accused Alomar of having AIDS. In the time since the 2009 story broke, Alomar got married, and now his wife is accusing him of having AIDS and covering it up!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we thought the spitting was nasty! image
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Robbie is a Hottie.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so does Alomar really have AIDs?
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Regardless of his status, he's got money so he'll be good for a while even if he does have it.

The only thing to worry about would be getting your TTMs in now just to be safe.