Home Sports Talk
Options

I hate Jim Rome....WARNING!! Arod related

Friday, Jimbo says Arod should apologize. Yesterday, Arod apologizes and tries to explain and ask his fans for forgiveness. Today, friggin Jimbo starts his show off ridiculing Arod for apologizing. WTF?

I wish Jim Everett would have had the chance to really beat his azz.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Jim Rome is still on the air?

Memo to Jim,

Your 15 minutes expired. Please have a fresh take and stop sucking.

Sincerely,

Me

Out.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    stown, that is the best reply I could have possibly imagined.

I also think that 25 year old goatee is a little played out too.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Its funny that some people hate him so much that they know the terms. Anyone who concludes their post with "OUT" is a clone!

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish Jim Everett would have had the chance to really beat his azz. >>

Sadly, Chris Everett could kick Rome's azz... And one too many Chris' nearly did get it kicked. I still think Rome never would've had his 15 minutes if not for that episode.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the only way to stay on the air and sound relevant in sports radio these days is to attack attack attack. I listened to Rome for 4-5 months before I just couldn't take it anymore. He's actually not a bad interviewer...but his shtick is played out. But at least he knows something about sports - unlike ESPN's Colin Cowherd (AKA the reason I turned off ESPN Radio for Rome in the first place)
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    WFAN out of NY...streams at www.wfan.com Best sports radio going and it's 24/7 except if there's a Devils/Nets/Baseball game.
  • Options
    I watched Jim Rome 1 time, about half a dozen years ago, for 10 minutes, quickly determined that the guy was a total
    a$$hole, had nothing positive to say, and never watched him again.
  • Options

<< <i>Its funny that some people hate him so much that they know the terms. Anyone who concludes their post with "OUT" is a clone! >>

Maybe people know his "terms" because they never change? I haven't tuned into his show in several years but willing to bet these new and fresh "terms" are still used:

EJECT!

Squawk. Polly want a cracker?

1-800-Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

That's phenomenal.

GIMME BACK MY SON!

: eye roll :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I will admit to listening to him in the car at times, and I can't believe how much (lately) he has resorted to his archive of sound bites.
    I mean, half the time that carries him thru the whole show!
    Cmon, it's not that funny when you mention the word "FAT" and they have to play that clip (of the OSU coach) yelling "Fat"! Over and over again.

• Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Rome is old news. He has resorted to old rock songs and the lyrics in his show so boring.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I want the Sports Babe back on the radio!!image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put Howard Eskin on there.
  • Options
    << Its funny that some people hate him so much that they know the terms. Anyone who concludes their post with "OUT" is a clone! >>

Maybe people know his "terms" because they never change? I haven't tuned into his show in several years but willing to bet these new and fresh "terms" are still used:

EJECT!

Squawk. Polly want a cracker?

1-800-Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

That's phenomenal.

GIMME BACK MY SON!

: eye roll :

I watched rome when he came to espn with his "rome is burning" show and I laugh because he starts every show like this:

Wel-come, what is up

I have a tremendous (day of the week) show for you

I have (some small name athlete) but before here's what I am burning on (or about can't remember)

One day, he was not there and some one was filling in and it was the exact same opening - he doesnt even come up with his own sayings

I turned him off then
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Being in the boonies he is the only talk Radio guy I can get clearly (sometimes I try and get Chicago stations but they don't always come in) and I hate his schtick. I never want to hear his Andruw Jones spelling Andruw thing again, or the I'm a Man, Fat takes from OSU coach or his constant pimping of his horses.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>..what is up

..a tremendous >>

Oh yeah, I forgot about those fresh takes.. Bet a $100 he says both of those "terms" at least 5 times a day, if not per hour.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Can you find sports radio show funnier????
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>Can you find sports radio show funnier >>

Nope, but I am looking for goatee bigger.
  • Options
    Jim Rome is as relevant as a 1 yr old beckett Price guide

OK if u have a IQ of 55 or less

I got tired of his act yrs ago

obviously some "clones" still listen to him

He was always Boring to me
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Jime Rome is on ESPN2 for the next half hour.

Just in case anyone is interested.
  • Options

<< <i>Jime Rome is on ESPN2 for the next half hour. >>

No thanks. I alrady threw up and kicked my dog twice today. I'm good.

I am out!
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Stop! Stop! This thread is so funny I just spit my coffee all over the keyboard.

Don't all clones spit their coffee on their keyboards?
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i wish rome would burn

he's terrible to listen to even if i agree with him he's hard to listen to
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started