Home Sports Talk
Options

Now Miguel Tejada has been charged

WASHINGTON - All-star shortstop Miguel Tejada has been charged with lying to Congress about steroids.

Tejada is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday where he is expected to plead guilty.

The charges against Tejada, who currently plays for the Houston Astros, were outlined in documents filed in Washington federal court on Tuesday.

The documents indicate that a plea agreement has been reached with Tejada.

Messages left for his lawyer, Mark Tuohey, were not immediately returned.

The documents were filed a day after superstar Alex Rodriguez admitted to past use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Gah!

Doesn't our government have better things to do with their time?!?! We are in the middle of an economic crisis and they are going after Miggy?!?

JFC, give it a rest already.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stown,

I agree that steroids are a minor infraction compared to other more pressing problems.

But lying to congress is not a minor infraction at all.

My father always said to tell the truth, because eventually it will catch up with you.

I will be happy to see Clemens go to jail for lying under oath, and breaking a sacred honor of our country.

Ship Tejeda back from where he came and make him pay millions in fines, and be done with him. Use that money for some good, problem solved.
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ship Tejeda back from where he came and make him pay millions in fines, and be done with him. Use that money for some good, problem solved. >>

Doesn't solve Houston's problem.
  • Options
    Good. We need someone to come in and clean house. Go get them all, and include Fehr and Selig in the roundup.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ship Tejeda back from where he came and make him pay millions in fines, and be done with him. Use that money for some good, problem solved. >>

Doesn't solve Houston's problem. >>

Who cares, lol!
  • Options
    In my mind, the person who really needs to hang by the balls is Selig. Sports writers have been fawning over this guy for years
    and saying what a great commissioner he is, what a great job he's done, baseball popularity and attendance are at an all time
    high, etc, etc. Bull!! All this crap has happened on his watch, and he had done next to nothing. If this was happening in the Japanese
    league, they would have found him years ago with a sword through his gut. And can someone please explain to me why it was so vital for
    "realignment" to have the Brewers move into the NL? Now we have an NL division with 6 teams, and one in the AL with only 4. How is
    this "realignment?" If the Brewers didn't move to the NL, we would have 2 leagues, 3 divisions each, 5 teams each. That's
    alignment. And all this crap was his doing. Worst commissioner ever.