Home Sports Talk
Options

Clean 40/40 club

gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
Does this mean that there are no "clean" members of the 40 HR / 40 SB club?
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    What about Alfonso Soriano, who went 46 HRs and 41 SBs in 2006.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Good call. I knew I was forgetting someone. Though I guess it is technically possible to use steroids and still weigh 130 pounds.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Though I guess it is technically possible to use steroids and still weigh 130 pounds. >>

Good one. I needed a good laugh after pouring (and still pouring) over a 300 page deposition transcript. (And that's just Volume 1!)

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Vlad Guerrero was 1HR shy (39HR/41SB) like 6-7 years ago
  • Options
    Soriano is atop my list of possible users. This guys career needed something before joining the Yanks...it sure looks like he got what he needed.

You don't need to be hulking to be on roids. You can be lean strong too.

It also helps reaction time. He needs that a lot since he chases everything, lol!

Or just take HGH and you will NEVER be tested positive in any MLB test. Why? They don't freaking do blood tests. Their tests are a joke.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Eric Davis... Who might've been 50/50 had he not gotten injured in 1987. Through 129 games, he had 37 HR's and 50 SB's before bruising his liver sliding to make a catch. In 1986 he only played 132 games and had 27 HR's and 80 SBs... The guy was a machine.

Bobby Bonds is another that almost made it... He missed by 1 HR is 1973 and by 3 HR's in 1977! He also had 5 30/30 seasons.
  • Options
    If I don't lose a nut on my other bet in another thread, I'll bet my other nut that Soriano was
    the biggest roid user ever. No way that skinny little thing had that kind of power with out help.
    No flippin' way!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I don't lose a nut on my other bet in another thread, I'll bet my other nut that Soriano was
    the biggest roid user ever. No way that skinny little thing had that kind of power with out help.
    No flippin' way! >>

Did you ever see Aaron in his early days? Or Ernie Banks? Not really examples of hulkitude...