Home Sports Talk
Options

Dale Murphy never took steroids

Does this simply fact increase his HOF potential?
collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I think he qualified anyway... he was the sh!t
  • Options
    he dominated the NL for a good 10 years. Folks like him, Fred McGriff, Joe Carter put up solid seasons, 30-40 Homers, 90-100 RBI, year after year after year. they are looking better and better every day.

Just a matter of time before some other names "leak"
  • Options
    Dale Murphy didn't get voted in when being compared to HIS peers. I don't know how anything happening years later to guys he didn't play with/against has anything to do with it. I think if he was going to get in, he would have been in already.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    no one hit more home runs during the 80's and had two MVP seasons on some bad teams. I think that the fact that he led MLB in homers during the 80's is enough, but I'm biased and on Hydrcodone. Had a wisdom tooth pulled
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>no one hit more home runs during the 80's and had two MVP seasons on some bad teams. I think that the fact that he led MLB in homers during the 80's is enough, but I'm biased and on Hydrcodone. Had a wisdom tooth pulled >>

alt image
  • Options

<< <i>no one hit more home runs during the 80's >>

Mike Schmidt did I believe
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>no one hit more home runs during the 80's and had two MVP seasons on some bad teams. I think that the fact that he led MLB in homers during the 80's is enough, but I'm biased and on Hydrcodone. Had a wisdom tooth pulled >>

alt image >>

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Schmidt hit 313

Murphy hit 308

This is from 1980 thru 89.

Why Murphy got no love is beyond me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Why Murphy got no love is beyond me.

Steve >>

No moustache, short hair........................................................Moustache, long hair
    imageimage

(not cool.......................................................................................cool)
  • Options

<< <i>Why Murphy got no love is beyond me. >>

"Nobody likes little guys on bad teams, no matter how good they are" Sir Francis Bacon
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>he dominated the NL for a good 10 years. >>

Dominated? He was a consistent performer and had a clean cut image, but I wouldn't say he dominated. No one ever said, "Hold on, Dale Murphy's up. I gotta watch him hit before we leave."

Murphy played in the bandbox known as Fulton County Stadium and had a few above average years, but he wasn't Jim Rice, Gary Carter, Mike Schmidt, Joe Carter, Don Baylor or Andre Dawson.

During his first MVP season of 1982, he hit 24 home runs batted .310 in 81 games at home. On the road, he hit only 12 HR's and had a pedestrian .252 BA in 81 games.

In his second MVP season of 1983, he was pretty even in home runs home and away, but his home batting average was .340 while he struggled to hit .266 away from Fulton County.

And don't even get me started on the '87 season when even the batgirl had 30 homeruns... Murphy hit nearly 100 points higher at home than on the road!
  • Options
    This could be a pretty long Dale Murphy never thread. It is kind of like that drinking game, only Dale Murphy doesn't have to drink.

Dale Murphy never...killed anyone.

Dale Murphy never...appeared on Cops.

Dale Murphy never...ate a kitten.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    He dominated not killing anybody in the 80's. That's a ticket straight to The Hall!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, was Murphy part giraffe?

• Options

<< <i>Wow, was Murphy part giraffe?

image >>

That's why he hit so many homeruns in the 80's. He looked behind the pitcher to see what pitch they were gonna throw