Home Sports Talk
Options

A-ROD admits...

confession

Honestly, although I have been one of his most vocal critics, I must applaud this move. Instead of "talking about the future" like McGwire, forgetting how to speak English like Sosa, or denying it all together like Clemens or lying to feds like Bonds, he comes clean.

Comments

• Options
    or saying it was just once during injury recovery like pettit or I appologize for something just not going to tell you what like Giambi

He basically said I did it for 3 years and it was wrong - great move. I'm not an ARod fan but this is the right thing to do. Let's see how many other players come out now
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    finally someone with name recognition coughed it up. That takes some balls, but he needed to do it to save some face. if bonds, mcgwire, sosa, et al did the same thing, this whole fiasco wouldnt be so drawn out as it has been over the last 5-6 years.
  • Options

<< <i>finally someone with name recognition coughed it up. That takes some balls, but he needed to do it to save some face. if bonds, mcgwire, sosa, et al did the same thing, this whole fiasco wouldnt be so drawn out as it has been over the last 5-6 years. >>

He didn't cough it up until he got caught. He lied to 60 minutes, and he would have continued to lie all the way to breaking the
    Home Run record. This apology is so lame on so many levels. It's not just Arod either, it's all the liars, Palmiero, Clemens, McGwire,
    and all the rest of major league baseball.
  • Options

<< <i>He didn't cough it up until he got caught. >>

Sure. And you're likely right in that he probably would have not confessed had SI not recovered those test results. But, he came out, admitted and apologized. More than what the likes of Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, et al have done when they were confronted with evidence of their PED use.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

Sure. And you're likely right in that he probably would have not confessed had SI not recovered those test results. But, he came out, admitted and apologized. More than what the likes of Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, et al have done when they were confronted with evidence of their PED use. >>

Agree. He got busted and now he's admitting it which is more than Bonds or Clemens did. I do give him credit for that, but he's trying to spin it as best he can. He will still get butchered by the fans and the media. Now who are the other 103 players on the list?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sure. And you're likely right in that he probably would have not confessed had SI not recovered those test results. But, he came out, admitted and apologized. More than what the likes of Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, et al have done when they were confronted with evidence of their PED use. >>

Agree. He got busted and now he's admitting it which is more than Bonds or Clemens did. I do give him credit for that, but he's trying to spin it as best he can. He will still get butchered by the fans and the media. Now who are the other 103 players on the list? >>

I think one could put a pretty good argument that Bonds and Clemens were never busted. There is a big different in questionable evidence and solid evidence. Not saying Bonds and Clemens are innocent, but I see little legal like comparison.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm most concerned now with his accusations regarding the writer.

In that inqusistion with Gammons he stated she has been stalking him, breaking into his house
    and has been arrested.

She countered with saying none of that ever happened.

What is that all about?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm most concerned now with his accusations regarding the writer.

In that inqusistion with Gammons he stated she has been stalking him, breaking into his house
    and has been arrested.

She countered with saying none of that ever happened.

What is that all about?

Steve >>

I have not heard that yet, got a link?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is still lying. Watch his numbers drop this year and thereafter, then you will know when he quit taking them. Of course the numbers may not drop much if he is still on HGH.
  • Options
    blah

blah blah

Alex looked as manufactured as he always does. admitting it or not, he stone cold lied to Katie Curic.

Ya think ESPN will run with this for the next 48 hours, like it's the most important thing in the world? Ugh
  • Options
    watching the gammons interview now...ugh. what a horrible liar LOL>