Home Sports Talk
Options

Is anyone noticing the season Shaq is having?

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
18 and 9 in about 30 mins. per game. He turns 37 next month, great numbers given his age.

Here are some of the others at age 37:

Olajuwon 10/6 in 23 mins

Ewing 15/10 in 32 mins

David Robinson 8/8 in 26 mins

Moses Malone 4/4 in 10 mins

Robert Parish 15/10 in 30 mins

Kareem 22/8 in 33 mins

Shaq is a living legend of basketball, and it is amazing how little press he gets these days.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    That's because he almost always has a smile on his face and he's fun loving, the press doesn't want to write about the good guys. Full Disclosure: Been collecting him since 92-93.

-John
    -John Stevens
    Ebay ID: jrconcessi

Collecting 1993 Finest Refractors & All Refractors 1993 - 2001, 1964 Topps Psa 8.5 or Better
    Soon to be Collecting 1966 Batman Color and all Hall of Famers in all Sports in as High a Grade as I can Afford.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Very good season for Shaq. And he has his FT% above 60, which is impressive.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Ron,
    I totally agree that Shaq is having a very good year. I wonder if anyone sees the numbers that Ewing put up at that age. He was a great player that always gets bashed. Look at the Knicks' franchise the minute he left. I'm originally from New York and thought he was an absolute great player and it actually hurts when people put him down. He played in a era that when the Bulls became great, everyone else was playing for 2nd. Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Price, Ewing, Wilkins, Shaq, Olajuwon- they all played second fiddle when Air Jordan was in town.