Home Sports Talk
Options

Mr. Steroid vs. Mr Amphetamine vs. Doctor Ball

When it comes down to it some of those holier than thou 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's players did amphetamines:

Baseball and amphetamines

Is there really any difference between doing them and taking steroids? And how about Gaylord Perry, ball doctor getting into the Hall of Fame even though he has admitted countless times of doctoring the ball with a foreign substance or his nail file operation of the day? And then there are those annoying corked bats. image All forms of cheating to get a competetive edge. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    Still all forms of cheating, no? And don't amphetamines perhaps make one run faster?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    The only difference between todays players and the old guys is that steroids were not available for the old guys. If steroids and HGH were available to players in the 1940's-70's, I assure you that every player who wanted to improve his stats and financial situation would have used them. If you don't believe that, then you have your head buried in the sand.
  • Options
    he only difference between todays players and the old guys is that steroids were not available for the old guys. If steroids and HGH were available to players in the 1940's-70's, I assure you that every player who wanted to improve his stats and financial situation would have used them. If you don't believe that, then you have your head buried in the sand.

You are probably correct and I believe the players of those days that took greenies would have taken roids as well.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are varying degrees of cheating, IMO, and consistent use of HGH or steroids trumps greenies or spitballs, and it's not even close, IMO....I also agree that players from earlier eras would have used steroids also if the pharamceutical field had made them widely available, but since they didn't I look at those numbers with a healthier dose of respect than the numbers being put up over the last decade or so.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baseball said "Anyone who used them clearly and knowingly cheated."

Perhaps we should send them to "Sunday school"?! Do you teach "Sunday school", baseball?? image
  • Options
    Personally, I've never even smoked a cigarette, much less done any roids.

Sorry about the "laughing face" -- that was kinda rude of me.
  • Options
    Is there really any difference between doing them and taking steroids? And how about Gaylord Perry, ball doctor getting into the Hall of Fame even though he has admitted countless times of doctoring the ball with a foreign substance or his nail file operation of the day? And then there are those annoying corked bats. All forms of cheating to get a competitive edge.

Of course steroids are illegal but you get my drift.

• Options
    Is there really any difference between doing them and taking steroids? And how about Gaylord Perry, ball doctor getting into the Hall of Fame even though he has admitted countless times of doctoring the ball with a foreign substance or his nail file operation of the day? And then there are those annoying corked bats. All forms of cheating to get a competetive edge.

You really are pathetic. Get over it! You're boy tested positive. Stop talking smack about other players/generations, it just shows you are weak. Try not to cry too much tonight.
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Options
    LOL. AFraud is not my guy, Jeter is. Let's see how many Red Sox players are on the 104 player list if the rest of the players are leaked. Might have to give back your 2004 and 2007 championship trophies. image

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i like froegin substances,the nazis invented crystal meth, us as army invented lsd for a truth serum,didnt work,they just laughed and went to see the grateful dead, for all you lighweights out there image
    and thats the tooth too, just like the burra womqn,who was obsiously the smartest one on the block or she wouldnt have been on tv, hate to live in that gheto in memphis, f you watch the video, your iq will automatically go up 150 points image

and for all you politically correct fluffers out the , stick it, ive never lost a arguement on here yet, try me about one tiime,like stitzen,brainsheridon, modestom, minicopper, fat boy, lives wirth HIS parenst.waste of air, i hate you chubby, hope you get drafted asap to learn some respect for you elders. i give you 5 minute in a real war fat boy image YOU ARE A PANTYWASTEimage
    you dnt seem to want to argue anymore,shame,you suck and are such a esy target, evry time you make a new id, yu get busted in less that 20 posts,stupid fat kid with no life in a mincooperimage