Home Sports Talk
Options

The Union Is At Fault For The AROD Fiasco - Are You Kidding Me?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
In a column here, CNNSi's Jon Heyman maintains that the Player's Union is at fault for the AROD fiasco. As John McEnroe would say, you cannot be serious. And indeed, Heyman says that "Rodriguez brought this controversy on himself with that failed drug test." It goes without saying that if a player never used steroids/HGH/PEDs, his name would never show up on any list. AROD is a loser today and will be a loser AROD tomorrow because of decisions that he made. The Player's Union is at fault? Unbelievable. But I'll have to remember this column next I want to blame a fellow collector for failing to cover up a fraud that we had previously agreed to.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I DO blame the union for a large percentage of the steroid abuse in MLB. They have fought tooth and nail against most types of drug testing for MANY years. They have basicallly opened the door to this problem for players to try and get away with it. It's like leaving the cookie jar open for little kids.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree and believe it was rather obvious the players union had no interest in preventing the proliferation of performance enhancing drugs within the game of baseball..On the contrary, they had every reason not to, as greater power numbers translates into bigger contracts and more $$$ for their members, the players who benefitted from the "look the other way" attitude that both sides pretty much subscribed to for the greater part of the past decade...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line the MLB record books are ruined and nobody has a clue how to fix it.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the players ARE the players' union. Don't take roids, don't get blamed, accused, bad press, etc.

nice interview, btw
  • Options
    "That's another reason why I have such disdain for those who cheated. Because they are the very people who "ruined" the record books."

Is a house that once sold for $300K "better" years later when it sells for $450K? Many numbers in life are "relative" -- you simply have to look at them with some perspective.

• Options
    Congrats, baseball -- I think you're finally getting it!! image