Home Sports Talk
Options

I am waiting for a big time Red Sox player to have failed a steroid test

I am convinced Big Poopy did and I quite sure that Varitek did too. Two broken down old Red Sox. image

Report: Ortiz not sure if he took steroids

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julio Lugo.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Damon did also.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I'm convinced Pedro Martinez has used 'em; I mean come on, his head shows the same kind of size increase as Barry Bonds' does!

Steve
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Manny did them as well, take a look at his rookie card and compare it to him over the last 5 years or so.
  • Options
    I am convinced Big Poopy did and I quite sure that Varitek did too. Two broken down old Red Sox.

Looks like someone is a little sensitive; keep towing that company line.
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Options
    Looks like someone is a little sensitive

I beg to dilfer.

• Options
    I have to give it to you SeatedCoin, you almost had me. However, "I beg to dilfer", really provides no incite.

By the way, don't you think it is time to remove your sig since the giants were blown out by the EAGLES in the playoffs?
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Coin has to hold on to the glory years for as long as he can, let him have his sig line.

He's not fortunate enough to be a Boston fan, where the next championship is just the next playoff season away...the Garden will be rocking in June when the Bruins and Celtics are both in the Finals!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What was the pct that Canseco claimed used? 85%?

So out of 1000 ball players that means that 150 were clean.

Canseco while being a rat was not a liar.

So if anyone is shocked that A-Roid was a user too I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you are waiting for its already happened, how quickly we forget Clemens was a long time BoSox player. 11 years if memory serves me, almost twice the service as with the Yanks.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    These, and likely future reports, continue to diminish the feats for ballplayers , from about the 1994 strike season, and onward.

The HOF voters, who seem to have "convicted" Mark McGwire, now will have to crictically evaluate almost anyone, pitcher and hitter alike, in all the following elections.
    Very very difficult to say with complete absolute certainty, Greg Maddux, Ken Griffey Jr, or even Albert Pujols are 100% "clean".
    An extremely clouded view for recent players, indeed.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    Who are the other 103 on the list?
    When does Mitchell report 2.0 come out with other teams around the league? Seems to me that BALCO and Mitchell have basically identified a handful of teams?
    When do we find out what the Royals personal trainers knew...or the Cubs, or anyone else for that matter. The Giants, Yankees, and Mets weren't the only teams in baseball that had drug dealing scum like McNamee or Anderson trolling thru the locker rooms.
    I don't like the idea of roids and hgh tainting the game. But I think any real fan knows that his or her team probably has some skeletons that haven't been wheeled out of the closet yet. Take a look at the last several WS participants...NYY, BOS, FLA, ARZ, DET, LAA, etc. They've all had guys either get busted for a failed test or whispers (and more) of one or more players being dirty.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know what you are waiting for its already happened, how quickly we forget Clemens was a long time BoSox player. 11 years if memory serves me, almost twice the service as with the Yanks. >>

Exactly, and he was bangin' that underage hucklebuck skank in Ft. Myers, FL when he was with the Bosox.
  • Options
    <<By the way, don't you think it is time to remove your sig since the giants were blown out by the EAGLES in the playoffs?>>

dilfer, nope, will not remove it. Sweetest thing that ever happened to the Giants and their fans since they won their first Super Bowl. It was great seeing the great Brady and the 18-0 Pats go down. Justin Tuck got to know Tom Brady up close and personal. image

I hardly call a 23-11 defeat by the Eagles blown out. True it was disappointing especially when the Giants were the best team in the NFL until the end of the season, and beat all of the 4 finalists during the regular season at least once: Steelers, Cardinals, Raven, and Eagles. But based upon the 2007-8 season, you should especially know it's all about peaking at the end of the season heading into the playoffs.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Clemens was a long time BoSox player >>

The Sox let him go when he was continually fat and out of shape. They were sure he was played out. Next thing you know he "found a fountain of youth" and became known for his "legendary workout ethic" image

Bagwell as "the worst trade ever" is somewhat of a joke now too. He went from warning track power to MVP when he got to Houston and took the vitamins.

Greenwell probably kicks himself for not taking them. Cost him million$.

I have no problem with Canseco's 85% supposition - am sure it applies to all teams too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Clemens was a long time BoSox player >>

The Sox let him go when he was continually fat and out of shape. They were sure he was played out. Next thing you know he "found a fountain of youth" and became known for his "legendary workout ethic" image

Bagwell as "the worst trade ever" is somewhat of a joke now too. He went from warning track power to MVP when he got to Houston and took the vitamins.

Greenwell probably kicks himself for not taking them. Cost him million$. >>

Agreed! Also it cost Greenwell the '88 MVP too, which he still hasnt gotten over image
  • Options
    I haven't gotten over Greenwell's loss of the MVP or poor decision not to take roids! I had hundreds of his rookies hoping to strike it rich! image
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    So if Canseco is accurate with 85%, why do we even bother with continued investigation, court dates, testimony, blah blah blah...admit what was going on like an epidemic and institute very tight rules and LOTS of testing!!! Time to move forward cuz there is NO ONE who isnt under scrutiny. Ok, maybe Frank Thomas and Chad Curtis LOL
  • Options
    Damon - YES
    Manny - YES
    Papi - YES
    Varitek - YES
    Eric Hinske - YES

Wakefield - NO
    Lowell - NO
    Pedroia - NO

Youkilis - undecided (but probably)

Timlin - undecided

Foulke - YES (no question)

Sean Casey - undecided
  • Options
    And there you have it, the smoking gun. Tainted Dominican Republic Steroid Trainer has links to Red Sox players:

In addition to A-Rod, Presinal has worked with some of the game's biggest stars: Juan Gonzalez, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Vladimir Guerrero, Bartolo Colon, Miguel Tejada, Adrian Beltre, Moises Alou, Jose Guillen, Ervin Santana, Ruben Sierra, Francisco Cordero, Jose Mesa and Juan Guzman, among others.

At the time of the Toronto incident, an emotional Presinal denied any association with steroids.

Links:

A-Rod's pal, the tainted trainer: Steroid-linked friend is banned by every MLB team (page 2)

Page 1

• Options
    If you told me to pick one Red Sox player who wa on roids, and I had to put my house at stake, I would choose Nomar Garciaparra.

It took me all of about 1.5 seconds to realize that he was on steroids when I laid eyes on his muscles when he was on the cover of a magazine(can't remember which one), posing with his arms crossed I believe.

Like some of the posters are saying, with appx 85% of the players doping, nobody is beyond reasonable suspicion...and I absolutley laugh every time people make Frank Thomas as a guy who was in no way taking anything. THat dude probably started in college when he played football. He went from one culture of steroid use, to another.

I found the Nomar picture...2001 Sports Illustrated. He wasn't folding his arms, but check out that dudes lats. It looks like they are inflated with air.
  • Options
    I dont think anyone believes for a second that Red Sox Nation is free & clear of players who used, the whole thing covers what I believe to be over 80% of MLB.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Dear Hoopster,

Is it this one? (Though Nomar doesn't have his arms crossed.)

/s/ JackWESQ