Home Precious Metals
Options

Cash for gold TV commercials- FYI Warning Will Robinson!

lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
something I just ran into
I don't think that forum members would be so foolish
Blog Beware the cash for gold scam
cash for gold complaints

LCoopie = Les

Comments

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give someone an undefined weight of gold and sell for an undefined price. Yeah, right.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd never fall for that. I just wait until a company comes around to the hotels buying rare coins and sell it to them.imageimage
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    But they bought my gold medallion of me wearing a gold medallion!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny this came up. A family member asked me about these cash for gold commercials, I said "forget about it".

Like others have said, mailing in an undetermined amout of gold is very stupid.

Unforntunatly many innocent people have gone this route. Sadly, the elderly fall for this kina stuff, really pisses me off.

The key point here is to do your research, before looking to sell bullion related items.

With all the info available, there's no excuse for not figuring out what you have.

Be vigilant, stay informed.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    A lot of people must be doing it for them to be able to afford these constant television spots. Let's face it, we American don't always make the smartest financial decisions.
  • Options
    there are legit companies which will pay a fair amount, I personally use midwest refineries
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there anything good advertised on TV?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    I have a report on this on my web site and on my TV show.

web link and video report link
  • Options
    I've never dealt with any of these people but I can only assume that the people that do get ripped off.
    Really, don't people know that there are reputable people locally if they are anywhere near a good sized city? Obviously excluding pawn shops.