Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set

Does anyone think we will ever see a 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set on the PSA Registry? 6000+ cards all in holders could take up a spare bedroom. Does anyone have any idea how many of each card were produced roughly?

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well the favre master set could be well over that range. think about this. topps chrome has made an insert set of his TD's (~450 cards), there is the base, refractor, blue refractor, white refractor and red refractor. those are all numbered but prints of at least 10. now add on all his other cards and we are probably at roughly 8,000 minus the small number of cards numbered under 5.

so the answer to your question is yes...that is if someone requests one and people build it.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Same for A-Rod with all the non-sense Topps has been putting out of him the last couple of years. Include all the variations and you're talking a TON of cards!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone think we will ever see a 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set on the PSA Registry? 6000+ cards all in holders could take up a spare bedroom. Does anyone have any idea how many of each card were produced roughly? >>

Well -- someone actually completed the entire Legacy set. That said, this set is a perfect example of something for which PSA grading adds little to no value. The set is extraordinarily rare and cumbersome to put together in raw form, due to its size and method of distribution. How $30,000 spent on PSA grading, besides to mention being literally tons of plastic, would help, is kind of silly.

Just my $0.02.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i guess you could say the same about my favre set too. or any other large number set, even those 792 card topps sets. but people do want they want. i see the slabbing process as a way of protecting my cards but also protecting my investment should i die and the mrs would try to sell my stuff.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I have about 30 or so that I've been toying with the idea of submitting. Not because I have any desire to collect the set but rather to embezzle money from all the sorry @$$ Yankee fans out there.
  • Options
    Looking at the population reports, there have been 20 cards submitted so far. The report has them broken down by decades so maybe someone will try to tackle a decade on the registry.