Home Sports Talk
Options

No more Kellogg's cereal boxes for Michael Phelps

They dropped him today as a commercial spokesperson after the bong photo.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-Z Wider is lining up for the next endorsement.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I wish he would have bonged but not inhaled. Life would've been so much easier for the free world, with that type of admission.

Oh well , no more corn flakes for Michael.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>E-Z Wider is lining up for the next endorsement. >>

That made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Cereal box collectors world wide are in full panic mode.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cereal box collectors world wide are in full panic mode. >>

Maybe this whole incident is a scheme by speculators to intentionally get him banned from Kelloggs, thereby dramatically increasing the demand for the "rare" Kelloggs cereal boxes with Phelps picture on it - I just looked at an auction site and a PSA 8 Kelloggs Phelps cereal box just sold for over a million dollars.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael says the hardest part is explaining this to his mother.

Bill Clinton says : "I never inhaled".

Kelloggs says "No Soup for You".

Our president smokes and gets to keep his Blackberry. image
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phelps is just a clown. How stupid can he be?image
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Total BS.

I hope those who compared his one time lapse of judgement to killing dogs and drunk driving feel justice has been served.

: eye roll :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Didn't he also get arrested for drunk driving?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only thing Phelps did wrong was to put himself in a place/position to possibly have someone take his pic. Smoking pot IMO is no big deal and is waaaaay over blown by hyper crazies who think it is a gateway drug to other drugs/crimes. I say BS to that. When we get to the meth-crack-ice-heroin level, THAT needs to be illegal. I also think pot should be legalized, but, that's just my opinion.

Phelps had an image to protect and he was dumb to think he wouldn't get outed by the picture taker. Had he been in some faraway cabin on a lake in Idaho and far from prying eyes, and ENSURED there were no cameras around, all this would never have come to light. Much ado about nothing, but the "perception" people have of pot will indeed cause him much loss of coin and remain with him for life. Ain't fair, but it is what it is. Too bad he wasn't "caught" with a few hotties in a "compromising" group session and no pot.

Probably the most expensive bong hit in the history of man.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the cereal contract was small potatoes and was due to expire within a month anyway. No big deal.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    We've all heard it before. When you been caught doing something, all that means is that you were CAUGHT doing it. It doesn't mean that was the FIRST AND ONLY TIME you did it.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    It was probably inevitable that Phelps would have a downfall at some point, the outsized expectations of him being this superhuman
    role model for kids was ridiculous anyway. When you elevate someone that high it means any transgession is going to be magnified beyond reason going the other way.
  • Options
    Imagine all of us at 23 with millions of dollars in our bank accounts what we would have been caught doing if there was camera phones back then?

Geez, I would of have made Phelps look like a saint - to me this is not a big deal, the bigger deal is this plus his diu arrest a few months ago. this is no longer isolated events they are now turning into a 'body of work" - this worries me. Typically people who lived their lives so ridgly like he had did to accomplish the things he did eventually rebel. Question is will he bounce back and mature like Ray Lewis or does he go down the Jennifer Cappriatti (sp?) path
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi