Home Precious Metals
Options

Maple Leaves purchase

In a call to the Canadian mint I was told the only way for me to purchase them is through a dealer; unlike Eagles here in the US.
Will they sell them to Canadian citizens?

Is there any way to get them newly minted, other than through a dealer?

All though I really don't think much of having bullion coins slabbed, I would like to have the 4 different Maples in a 4 coin holder as eye candy.
Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In a call to the Canadian mint I was told the only way for me to purchase them is through a dealer; unlike Eagles here in the US.
    Will they sell them to Canadian citizens?

Is there any way to get them newly minted, other than through a dealer?

All though I really don't think much of having bullion coins slabbed, I would like to have the 4 different Maples in a 4 coin holder as eye candy. >>

to buy from the RCM you have to be a large dealer of bullion and prove it. It also helps to have a brick and mortar setup where the
    bullion can be displayed.

Otherwise, normal folk are out of luck.
  • Options
    FWIW, you can't buy buillion ASE's from the mint here either, only the collector versions.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    That's a shame, IMO it would be nice to have that four coin set in one holder, a precious metals set.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options

<< <i>That's a shame, IMO it would be nice to have that four coin set in one holder, a precious metals set. >>

eBay, APMEX, etc...
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    to buy from the RCM you have to be a large dealer of bullion and prove it. It also helps to have a brick and mortar setup where the
    bullion can be displayed.

Otherwise, normal folk are out of luck. >>

When you say "large" how large is that? What kind of volume is required for purchase? And does anyone know if most of the other world mints, Mexico, China, UK, Australia, etc. work the same way?

Thanks
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"