Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Juan Marichal Interview / Queens Memorabilia Show Review

Promoter Jack Berke finally brought a baseball card / autograph show to Queens. Check out my review of the show and interview with not only the promoter, but also Hall of Famer Juan Marichal.

Click below to check it out:
http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comments

• Options
    Berke is an absolute moron and his wooden teeth are cool.I have had been to multiple Berke shows and have never left one without the feeling of wanting to punch him in the face.His prices are decent though.
    Mike
  • Options
    Oh ya good article.
    Mike
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
  • Options
    That show in Teanack NJ with Henderson and Robin Yount should be good. I wouldnt mind attending those signings.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That show in Teanack NJ with Henderson and Robin Yount should be good. I wouldnt mind attending those signings. >>

Do you see the prices for autographs? WOW!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    The Teaneck show looks great, but those prices are nuts.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you see the prices for autographs? WOW! >>

I didnt until you just said something. $435 for a Henderson signed bat. That's a bit extreme.
  • Options
    Ok I take the part back about decent prices but he is still a moron.
    Mike
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Henderson is a moron too. Does he still talk in third person?
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Berke always runs the most unorganized and slowest signings I have ever attended. I got a card signed from Rickey Henderson for one of our members in Cooperstown which was run by Berke. As always, an absolute mess. He provided almost no shade for the guys signing while others were inside or were under nice tents. I even asked Rickey, with the prices that Berke is charging for the autos, dont ya think he could provide you a bit better protection from the weather? He laughed and said something I couldnt understand. He was in a good mood though. And yes, he still speaks in the third person....havent you seen that soda commercial on tv? lol
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I love the paradox of this line, "the world's oldest living baseball player died" on the blog with regard to Navarro.