Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Resealed 1986 Fleer Basketball Wax Pack?

Howdy folks I am back again on the prowl to find a wax pack that has not been resealed. I came across this auction and wanted to get ya'lls opinion before I purchased it! Thanks in advance!

Wax Pack

Comments

• Options
    resealed..
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Howdy folks I am back again on the prowl to find a wax pack that has not been resealed. I came across this auction and wanted to get ya'lls opinion before I purchased it! Thanks in advance!

Wax Pack >>

Edit: after reading dizzle's post (see below!) This Seller seems NOT OK! (aka: heybooboo23)

If you look at seller's feedback, you will notice that he sells-off his wrappers and one buyer in particular, dietzcoke buys them. dietzcoke's keeps his identity private. How convenient! dietzcoke buys wrappers and keeps his ebay ID private! image

rd
  • Options
    Here read this..

LINK

Edit to add..

This guy has been selling 1986 fleer packs for years non stop.. Does he have cases of this stuff? if he has so many packs why would he be buying near sets of 86 fleer??

Something smells rotten to me..

• Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh yeah I see that now! I have noticed that everyone that bought a wax pack from him have had no complaints. I think I am going to take the chance and buy it!
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Your chance of getting a clean, ungraded 1986 Fleer pack on Ebay are basically nil. Buy from BBCE or a GAI graded pack (original flip not the new one). If the seller had a real box or partial box he would get more selling it to a reputable dealer then selling packs individually on Ebay.

Robb
  • Options
    Wow hmm so these packs are fishy!! Grr!
  • Options

<< <i>Ahhh yeah I see that now! I have noticed that everyone that bought a wax pack from him have had no complaints. I think I am going to take the chance and buy it! >>

Are you serious lol?? read the post above yours.. If you want to waist your money go ahead I guess.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I can about bet it is resealed. The price seems to low also for an unsearched pack.
  • Options
    Ya'll are right I AM NOT going to buy from that guy!! You guys rock! I was about to waste my money! Thank ya'll! I will stick with buying the ones already graded.
  • Options
    I am looking so hard because I want to buy one for my son before I leave to go to Afghanistan for my 4th time LoL!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolute best case scenario is a pack that hasn't been opened and resealed, but sequence searched. Anyone who has opened at least half a box of those can pick out most packs with the MJ in them. The sequence does break midway through the packs, but buying packs from someone who knows the sequences dramatically drops the chances of pulling an MJ.

And centering is another issue. If this seller has opened a few packs in a box, and they're all OC, then the rest of the packs in that box are most likely OC as well.

So the question is, best case scenario, do you want to pay $120 for 12 crispy sharp, but most likely OC semi-stars and commons?
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I would recommend this guy for buying a 1986 Fleer pack. I have done a few transactions with him that went great!

Text
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Hey you all...

Any chance this pack is legit??

1986 Fleer Wax Pack
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    hi
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    You should probably make a new thread rather than resurrect a thread from almost two years ago