Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Quarterly Grading Specials

To honor the inauguration of the new U.S. President, PCGS will accept any U.S. coin which depicts a sun or the sun's rays as a way of symbolizing a new direction, with a maximum value of $1,000, for this quarter's PCGS Collectors Club Submission Special.

Can anyone help me with determining which coins these are? Thanks! image
Earlycoin

Comments

• Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Heres a thread with some possible

Quarterly Special
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent in a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.
    A quick look in the red book says some of the Commeratives including the Pan Pacifics would work.
    Peace dollars, Double eagles, and the gold eagles also.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to send in a common date Walker in circ. that will get me one coin closer to finishing an all-PCGS circ. set. The challenge in doing this set has been finding coins already in holders. It would be much too easy to go into my silver bag, pull out dates I need, and send them in myself. But if PCGS wants to do one for me for free...

Finding key dates has been easy, but common dates has been a much different matter, especially since I try to avoid AU58s. The problem is, 'bullion-type' Walkers in PCGS holders usually sell for more than the value of the coin and the cost of grading. Go figure.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Finding key dates has been easy, but common dates has been a much different matter, especially since I try to avoid AU58s. The problem is, 'bullion-type' Walkers in PCGS holders usually sell for more than the value of the coin and the cost of grading. Go figure. >>

Wondered who was bidding against me on those things. Think my set is at about fifty on the registry.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wondered who was bidding against me on those things. Think my set is at about fifty on the registry. >>

I'm #48.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the help, especially the threads!image
    Earlycoin
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will defintely send in a circulated 21 d WLH at the LB show...
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not so sure it would be limited to US coinageimageimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.