Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MS66?

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not? Sharp strike, minimal marks, and I suspect the luster is nice and full (even though the image does not show it too well).

Decent looking steps too, but obviously not FS.
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I like. Send it to me!
  • Options
    Blazing white luster. Its just to send a coin like this in, one point is the difference between a $10 coin and a $100 coin.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YUP! image

I'm sure some will not agree.
  • Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Sorry,I would say no.

Brian
    NUMO
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a 66 to me
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one that I have in a PCGS 66 holder. Edit to add I would send it in no hit nice fileds I'll try it. Nice coin
    imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a beautiful coin but the slightly worn dies and marking
    on chin will probably offset it's other attributes for an MS-65
    grade.

It's a beautiful strike and appears to have a shot at 18 steps.
    (counting those on the sides). image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    From the coins I have seen, this one has a great shot at 66, not FS though. I say take a chance and submit,
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice coin, looks like a 66, the large picture probably exaggerates any ticks. I've got a raw 1938-D example in the link that is also pretty sharp and at least a 66 IMHO.

1938-D Obverse

1938-D Reverse
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a beautiful coin but the slightly worn dies and marking
    on chin will probably offset it's other attributes for an MS-65
    grade.

It's a beautiful strike and appears to have a shot at 18 steps.
    (counting those on the sides). image >>

Do the slightly worn dies really affect the grade? They leave flow lines in the metal which look kind of cool.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the marks on his jaw and a few on his forehead may stop it from the 66 grade.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would say the marks on his jaw and a few on his forehead may stop it from the 66 grade. >>

agree
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    It looks like a 65.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the 3 prior, too much cheek noise. But if it was a 1926 Sesqui commem, it would get a 68.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file