Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opened a rack box of '85 Topps baseball (pics added)

I opened this box and wanted to know some good cards to send in to be graded. I did pull 2 Puckett RC's (1 badly OC) and a Clemens RC, no Big Mac. I can (will) post scans later.

Also, if anyone is looking for cards out of this set LMK, I have plenty of them. Maybe we could make a trade.

Comments

• Options
    any and all HOF'ers and probably some low pop commons.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    You better get some scans up here before NAM finds this thread. lol
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I know the #30 Ripken is a very tough pop 7 in 10s, with 141 9s.
  • Options
    how about some scans? you may get a better opinion.
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    I just bought an 85 set off ebay couple weeks back. I've been busy with my 86 so I havnet gotten a chance to look at their condition yet but odds are many will be off centered so I could use some upgrades if you still have them when i get around to it.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Worthless is thread this scans without.image
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Bring us the scans please!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You better get some scans up here before NAM finds this thread. lol >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You better get some scans up here before NAM finds this thread. lol >>

image >>

You were warned!!!!! image
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's taking so long? We want pics
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I don't think any of the cards you scanned would be worth grading.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>any and all HOF'ers and probably some low pop commons. >>

Does anyone know what the low pop commons are?
  • Options
    The first Yogi don't look bad from what I can see.

As far as low pop commons, half the set falls in that category.

The Detroit Tigers in 10 for all mid-80s main stream cards seem to do quite well, have seen 6-7 commons in the $300-400 range. Tigers, HOF'ers and key RC's is likely where most of your possible money is.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I busted a three box rack case of these a few years ago and pulled all kinds of gradeable cards. I believe I pulled two McGwire 10's and a couple of Clemens and Puckett 10's. At one time I was Going for a Psa set in 10, But have since sold off all the ones I had graded.
    I have several boxes of well-centered,very nice looking 85's sitting in a box in Card Savers around here somewhere. I went through the whole case and pulled the best looking ones out for grading and never got around to sending them in.
    I also opened a couple of factory sets that yielded a 10 or two. If I dont take a nap, I will scan some in. I can remember the Fisk record breaker, the Tim belcher card and Tom Veryzer being tough in high grade for some reason.

• Options
    A few scans of some 85's before my nap............More where these came from if anyone wants to see them.

• Options
    Looks like you did good on the 85's... Nice looking HOF's.
  • Options
    The Detroit Tigers in 10 for all mid-80s main stream cards seem to do quite well, have seen 6-7 commons in the $300-400 range. Tigers, HOF'ers and key RC's is likely where most of your possible money is.

Am I reading this right ?? Commons from the 85 set are going for 3 to $400 ??

• Options
    are you reading that right?
    i was a little blown away too..... is that accurate?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The Detroit Tigers in 10 for all mid-80s main stream cards seem to do quite well, have seen 6-7 commons in the $300-400 range. Tigers, HOF'ers and key RC's is likely where most of your possible money is.

Am I reading this right ?? Commons from the 85 set are going for 3 to $400 ?? >>

It's the 1984 set, which is the year they won the W.S. I don't think Tiger commons from 1985 carry that kind of premium.