Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping Question

It has been a while since I listed cards for sale on Ebay. I want to sell a partial set of 1959 Topps in sheets and a binder. Does the post office offer a box that holds 3" binders? Also, what is the most cost effective way to ship that best protects the seller?

Thanks.
Terry

Comments

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    You can use a "large flat rate box" that ships priority mail. Will still have plenty of room for packaging material and costs around $12.

Jeff
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to use Delivery Confirmation on all items up to $249.99.

And, Signature Confirmation on all items of $250.00 and up.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Based on my research the partial set should fetch over $500.00, so I will definitely get signature confirmation.
  • Options
    I have another question. The set I have listed for sale on ebay closes tonight and I was wondering what is the best way to package the cards shipped in a binder. I have bubble wrap and will buy the large flat rate box as suggested. Should I be concerned with the cards moving around in the ultra pro sheets? I have never received a set in a binder in the mail before and was not sure the best way to do this. I just want to make sure it gets their safely.

Any additional suggests are appreciated.
  • Options
    Flat rate boxes from the USPS are free. Get two of them and cut one up so that you can sandwich the sheets in between two pieces of the card board box. I would also recommend inserting the sheets into a large manilla envelope before placing them between the cardboard.
  • Options
    You can fit a binder perfectly in the Express mail box.
    Then you can ship it UPS.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I always appreciate the input offered on this board.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can fit a binder perfectly in the Express mail box.
    Then you can ship it UPS. >>

Might bite you in the a$$ if UPS drops it off at USPS for street delivery. We get 50+ packages a day at my office between UPS and FedEx.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What no link?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Flat rate boxes from the USPS are free. Get two of them and cut one up so that you can sandwich the sheets in between two pieces of the card board box. I would also recommend inserting the sheets into a large manilla envelope before placing them between the cardboard. >>

LSU,
    Good advice. I would definitely not ship the sheets in the binder as cards will often shake loose. Nothing is worse than receiving a binder in a flat rate box, and some of the cards are exposed with dinged corners.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"