Home Sports Talk
Options

What action do you have on the Super Bowl?

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
At the risk of enticing a Stevek lecture, I'm curious what people are doing with this game?

I've got Pitt -7 (can't believe I got it at +105).
Harrison for MVP (15-1)
Ben to score the game's first TD (16-1)
Also, hedging with Boldin (12-1) and A. Wilson (45-1) for MVP.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the risk of enticing a Stevek lecture, I'm curious what people are doing with this game?

Harrison for MVP (15-1)
    Also, hedging with Boldin (12-1) and A. Wilson (45-1) for MVP. >>

You're a bad, bad boy.

Well, that's about all the energy I've got for a lecture - ya see I'm on dialysis now because I bet and lost both my kidneys to Bodog on the Eagles to beat the Cardinals.
  • Options
    Ben to score the game's first TD (16-1) - That looks like a solid bet for the odds.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    A small play on under 47.
  • Options
    <<<You're a bad, bad boy.>>>

I learned long ago it's impossible to make money sports betting.....The Super Bowl and the Triple Crown horse races are the only sporting events of the year I allow myself to wager on directly...

• Options
    <<< Ben to score the game's first TD (16-1) >>>

good grief image
  • Options

<< <i><<< Ben to score the game's first TD (16-1) >>>

good grief image >>

calls like that made me quit sports betting, and with no regrets.
  • Options

<< <i>A small play on under 47. >>

taking that 4 points off the board certainly had to help you - we'll see if it matters or not
  • Options
    Can't be 100% sure of course, but right now everything could fall right about on the numbers including the over/under.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A small play on under 47. >>

taking that 4 points off the board certainly had to help you - we'll see if it matters or not >>

ug - that quick touchdown sure wasn't good.
  • Options
    ug - no extra point kicked with an overtime touchdown - the spread is already decided.
  • Options
    Brian's done as well - i hate when the bookies win. image
  • Options

<< <i>Brian's done as well - i hate when the bookies win. image >>

Brian - still a "good" call in my opinion - ya had it locked up until that unexpected Cardinals quick touchdown...just some bad luck at the end there.

I could tell you too many stories of "bad luck" betting on games, that would dwarf this one.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harrison looked like a good pick for MVP till the 4th quarter..the under, too.

Warner over for passing yds was a stone cold mortal lock, IMO..

Anyone bet the safety??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Great game for entertasinment, and my wagers,

Was tempted to bet small on both a safety and the coin flip, but did not. Happy the Cards covered, and he game was over on the points, lost my two smaller amount MVP pick bets, Warner and and Fitzgerald.
    Maybe, just maybe, a review of ther final Cardinal fumble may have been considered ???

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options

<< <i>Great game for entertasinment, and my wagers,

Was tempted to bet small on both a safety and the coin flip, but did not. Happy the Cards covered, and he game was over on the points, lost my two smaller amount MVP pick bets, Warner and and Fitzgerald.
    Maybe, just maybe, a review of ther final Cardinal fumble may have been considered ???

image >>

Hard to believe that coin flip has gone 12 straight times to the NFC team - I believe the odds of that is around 4,000 to 1

Next year ya gotta bet the AFC coin flip right? - odds are 1 to 8,000 you'll hit that even money bet right? image
  • Options
    Harrison for MVP (15-1)

frustration is at an all-time high - I'm glad I only do this once a year....I had this Super Bowl NAILED....I've seen the replay 4 times and I'm not convinced Ben's kneee was down....and if anyone other than Holmes catches the final TD, Harrison is probably the MVP....Can't believe the total collapse of Pittsburgh's D in the 4th quarter....so close to all 3, and nothing to show for it.

great game though...gambling aside.