Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay Seller Not Using Paypal ?

How does he get away with not using paypal ?

Clicky

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly what pro-pay is but you don't need to use paypal as long as you have a method for people to use electronic payments with credit cards.
    Some businesses have their own and that is fine. Pro-pay is likely one of the electronic methods.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Yep, ProPay instead of PayPal.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    ProPay is one of the options specifically authorized by eBay in their thinly veiled attempt to fend off anti-trust issues. Two problems with it. One, it is currently available only to Silver powersellers and above, and two it costs MORE than PayPal.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    In February they should be adding www.paymate.com and www.moneybookers.com/
  • Options
    Actually Propay's fee for processing is about the same as paypal. There is a yearly fee but it allows you to take CC info over the phone and process cards - like paypal virtual terminal which costs $39.00 month for merchants - so it is cheaper than paypal in that regard.

Best of all - It's not owned by Ebay - Watch out for propay - it will be eating Ebay's lunch in a few years.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting here amazed that he has empty iphone boxes for sale and people are bidding.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255

<< <i>I'm sitting here amazed that he has empty iphone boxes for sale and people are bidding. >>

people never read the auctions carefully
  • Options

<< <i>Actually Propay's fee for processing is about the same as paypal. >>

Propay is 3.25% plus 35c, plus an annual fee. PayPal for a silver powerseller is 2.5% plus 30c, with no annual fee. They aren't even close.

<< <i>Watch out for propay - it will be eating Ebay's lunch in a few years. >>

Uh yeah, okay. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the funds transfer fee that Propay charges and PayPal doesn't.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Another option I'm seeing more frequently on eBay..

MarketPlaceAdvisor It allows the buyer to use money orders, checks etc image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file