Home Sports Talk
Options

Hey edmundfitzgerald, did you hear Bill Buckner retired?

I think it was a week or so ago but not sure.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I think it was a week or so ago but not sure. >>

HOWEVER, if he retired in 1985 my METS would not have won a WS in '86! THANKS Bill!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buckner retired, Crisp traded, next thing you know, the Sox will can Zimmer as manager
  • Options

<< <i>Buckner retired, Crisp traded, next thing you know, the Sox will can Zimmer as manager >>

As long as they don't trade Babe to the Yankees! I have a feeling there would be some kind of curse on the Sox if they ever did that!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    The Sox 2009 season is shot now! Mike Greenwell announced his retirement. Only chance for this year is this Boggs kid. He looks pretty good.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Sox 2009 season is shot now! Mike Greenwell announced his retirement. Only chance for this year is this Boggs kid. He looks pretty good. >>

Hey bill, you realize those Fleers you just ripped are almost 30 years old, right? LOL

brian
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Sox 2009 season is shot now! Mike Greenwell announced his retirement. Only chance for this year is this Boggs kid. He looks pretty good. >>

I think Tris Speaker will turn into a star for Boston next year. They say he plays a shallow center field but can run down anything hit out there.
    Wait a minute, I'm thinking of 1909, not 2009. image
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I believe he is going to come back, that is the report. ESPN saw him and Brett Farve at Pizza Hut talking.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys hear about this kid Sam Horn? He is tearing the cover off the ball!
  • Options

Greenwell is retiring? GREAT! So in another 5 years he will be in the HOF (oh no, that's what they were talking about in '86 lol). I have a TON of his '87 rookie cards ... wanna buy them now before they are $50.00 cards? hahaha
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug