Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This 1964 Mantle error is fake, right?

Y appears to be erased, noted by the eraser looking corner of the pic. Correct?

Mantle auction
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    The seller is a pyscho. I tried to buy a Mantle card from him last year and he kept sending emails noting his military service and letting you know he was veteran.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I agree ... looks like a large smudge where the "Y" should be. May want to ask the seller for a much larger picture of the front of that card before making ANY attempt to purchase it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Who knows.

I wouldn't touch it though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    hes got killer dsr's tooimage
  • Options
    This card has been discussed before and this weirdo seller numerous times. I like the naked photos he usually takes.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    His grammer in the description is horrible. This may help in case you can't read a 2nd graders writing.

AUTHENTICE = Authentic

PRODUMICKEYCTION = I think he means to say rare production error card of Mickey

AMAZING AMERICAN MANTLE ICON THAT WILL MAKE YOU SALIVATE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS = I think he means your friends will salivate at this great card if you were to own it

WARE = wear

THE OBVERSE, IS CLEAN CLOSE TO NEAR MINT WHEREBY THE COLOR MEDIUM FLAT ORANGE , IF THE COLOR WAS VIBRANT WOULD BE MORE M I N T ? = The obverse is clean and if the color was more vibrant the card would be mint

THIS AS A NOTICE Y--------------------MISSING------------------------------ERROR ............... IN YANKEE BUT RECOGNIZE ECONOMY RECESSION = Please note the "Y" in Yankees is missing and is a true error. I know the economy is no so good so I will sell it for a lot less than I should.

Hope this helps everyone who is going to bid.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ya took a red marker and drew in the Y, would it be considered an altered card since technically ya was bringin' the card back to its shoulda been condition?
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Rip, you knew the answer before you even posted!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    would be more mint- i like thatimage
  • Options

I remember his shirtless thread but missed the Mantle mention.

I have no plans to buy it. Doing E/V research and came across this awhile back and meant to mention it ever since.

I'm 99.99% it's fake. Just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Thanks guys.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Man, am I gald he put on a shirt.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection