Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Yes, a card show at the mall in MO!

I stopped by the check out the new mall(redeveloped) in Saint Joseph,MO last night after picking up my sons. To my surprise there were about 10 tables of sportscards and memorabilia. There was a great mix of new and vintage, auto photos and baseballs, packs and boxes. The first thing that caught my attention was my 7 and 3 year old copying me and flipping through monster boxes of top loads. Of course my 7 year old finds one, shows me and ends up dropping it on the floor. Thank goodness it was a only a $3 card! I instituted the one foot rule after that. The second thing that caught my eye was binders of 62 and 71 topps. The 62's looked to be in excellent condition, but the 71's were by far the cleanest I've ever seen ungraded. He was only asking $2-$4 per. Unfortunately, I couldn't go through those or the stacks of 50's and 60's because my sons had already managed to curiously check out the table of vintage autos on the next one. Yes, there were probably 4 Babe Ruth autos at the next table along with a plethora of other vintage cards, graded and ungraded. One of the Ruth's was a PSA graded cut auto. The last table I visited was a dealer named Luke and his daughter from Omaha, Nebraska. I asked if he had any Clemente's, of course, he had a 55 in Good Condition. We talked a bit about sports(yes, MMA too) and family for a little bit. My 7 year old said he was a nice guy. I was able to get a business card of his. He had one of the best collections there with new and vintage, with high end auto RC galore. I'll have to check out his eBay store. Unfortunately most of the dealers will be gone by Sunday, but it's good to know that this mall will be having these "shows".

Comments

• << <i>I instituted the one foot rule after that >>

That cracked me up. I also use that rule and my kids, although much older than 7 and 3 now, still abide by it.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I can remember as a high schooler going to a mall show every weekend with fellow board member bporter26. Fortunately living in Tampa, there were quite a few malls and you could always find a show at some mall between Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg. I miss those days! We dont get crap for shows in Pensacola.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Can you pm me the dealer from Omaha's info? I'm only 90 minutes from Omaha and get there a few times a year. I'd like to stop by and check his store out if he has one.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10