Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

FINALLY!!! It's Complete!!! 1984 Topps Football GPA 9.49

This was much tougher than I ever imagined...I was able to secure the last card I needed, it is finished and currently #2 on the registry with a GPA of 9.49.
I will be upgrading my 9's as I can to 10's.
The highlights of my set include the Marino, Elway, and Dickerson RC's in PSA 10's as well as 174 other PSA 10's.
While I realize Bill "Quarterbacks Plus" has an unreal set, he was the only one before tonight to have a complete set on the registry his 2 sets were the only 100% complete sets..

Well move over Bill... You got Company!!!
The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS on finishing your set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Congrats a great achievement.
  • Options
    Congrats. I have the #10 set, give me a few years and I will join you two...image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Awsome set..................the 84's are a great achievement!!!
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on finishing your 1984 set. I took a look at some of your other sets. You have some nice T206 also.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Donato,

Thanks, the T-206's are after I finish the 71 baseball set. I have picked up a bunch of 71's that havent been added to my set yet and I will be adding them this week.
    I find that I need to turn over almost every stone I can as I get closer to finishing one of these sets.

I am hoping to finish 3 more sets this year 1971, 1973, and 1974 Topps baseball.

I figure it will take me about 2 more years to finish the t-206's. I do have a bunch of t-206's in SGC holders (cobb red portriat for example). I am not sure if I should cross them or not.

I am always upgrading my other complete sets as I see good opportunities in the marketplace.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    9.49 with 177 10's - Wow!

...9.01 so far on your '73 set is fantastic as well, best of luck!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>This was much tougher than I ever imagined...I was able to secure the last card I needed, it is finished and currently #2 on the registry with a GPA of 9.49.
    I will be upgrading my 9's as I can to 10's.
    The highlights of my set include the Marino, Elway, and Dickerson RC's in PSA 10's as well as 174 other PSA 10's.
    While I realize Bill "Quarterbacks Plus" has an unreal set, he was the only one before tonight to have a complete set on the registry his 2 sets were the only 100% complete sets..

Well move over Bill... You got Company!!! >>

Congratulations man! Ive been grinding away on this set for quite a few years as well, trying to wrap up the last 20% of it in all PSA 10's.

Bill has an amazing 84 set, it would take a huge run of perfect cards to dislodge him from that spot. Bills a great guy, good to deal with.

I heard you had quite a bit of help on your set from OCSI image I get about half my cards from them too, small world

congrats

joe
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Congratualations! You have a terrific set. One of the best looking sets of the modern era. Nice job completing it and your gpa is off the charts!!
  • Options
    Tough centering on that set! Congrat's
  • Options
    It's a great feeling to complete a set in high grade! Great Job and a Fantastic set you have there image

Don't forget the 1975 Topps (I prefer Mini's...lol) Baseball Set after you finish 71, 73, 74 image

Best of Luck with all your collections!
  • Options
    My congrats! It is always a great feeling and worthy of note,
    Henry
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Great job, good luck on the other sets. I am sure your 75 set will be way up there once it gets done as well.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Awesome JOB CONGRATS!!!
    I know how tough these 80"s football sets can be. I have been working on a 86 Football set for 6 years.
    Kevin Elitecards
    Always buying 1986 Topps Football PSA 10's and BGS 9.5 even commons! Top dollars paid!!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice! Im always impressed when someone completes a graded monster set such as this. It's a lot of time, work, and money. Keep pounding on those 10s and maybe you'll end up #1!

As far as your T206 set goes, I would consider crossing it towards SGC instead of towards PSA. SGC does seem to have a slight upper hand with Pre-war but of course, which company you choose is a personal preference.

Some nice goals there...good luck!
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies