Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'86 O Pee Chee Baseball

I just bought a bunch of this from BBCE today in hopes of finding a PSA 10 Nolan Ryan in there somewhere. I know the first '86 Topps PSA 10 went for quite a bit, but what do you think the OPC would go for?
Thanks,
Jeff
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    OPC would go for about 10-20% of what the 1st topps went for.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't think the registry competition is as strong for the OPC...and I don't know the pop of that card in 10...assuming zero.

If it is the first of its kind, it would be a several thousand dollar card I'd think...I don't know if later additions to the population would sustain the same numbers as the later PSA 10 Topps versions have sustained.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    There are no 10's at this time. My only concern is that O Pee Chee isn't included in the Basic Player Registry Sets, only the Master Sets. But I guess we'll see - Topps is tough enough - but finding an OPC that nice might be even tougher. Thanks for the input guys.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Been there, done that. Bought a few boxes here and there from BBCE and Dacardworld. The Ryan has serious centering issues and the cardboard stock is even flimsier than 86 Topps. There is a reason that there are a lot of HOF'ers, including Ryan, in this set that are still pop zero PSA 10's.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I think I opened 11 boxes last summer. The biggest problem with 86 is the surface. They have all sorts of bubbles, pits, and other surface issues that make them super tough.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the super thin stock, the awful centering, and the easily chipped black borders. Other than that, good luckimage
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Sounds like a blast - I'm pumped!
    Jeff
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Good luck, Jeff ...someone has to hit a 10, why not you?

Mike
  • Options
    I appreciate that. I'm always partial to OPC, and they were $215/case - I couldn't pass. I collect George Brett & Cal Ripken - so even if I only end up with a dozen of each of those guys - it's still fun.
    Jeff
  • Options
    i all most bought me some today to. i ended up choosing 83 topps opc instead.

good luck
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009