Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

The tumbleweeds are blowing.....

in this forum. It seems that things really have slowed down on the darkside. Normally, this place is booming with newps and questions, especially in the dead of winter.

Where has everyone gone? -Dan

Comments

• I was wondering the same thing. It sure has been slow the last week or so.
  • Too busy with work and minding Sean.

I'm just getting back into selling mode now. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    busy preparing for the superbowl????
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep checking in and looking at the tumbleweeds.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Maybe I'll snap a few pics of my 1979 boring ofec stuff just for the halibut.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I've been busy buying coins. image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tumbleweeds are blowing and the gear is getting rusty. image
  • Dan,
    I've been pretty busy with work,& buying British Commonwealth banknotes & coins in the process.Yesterday,I picked up one of each of the new Tongan 1 & 2 Pa'anga notes that my boss got for me when he was in Tonga.

I've also been busy here & here as well.

By the way,your US$20 cash & International Reply Coupon has been posted off,& heading off your way.

Aidan.
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the slowdown too...this is probably my favorite section to read. But not much of interest has been posted lately for me.

I especially enjoy reading about Ancients and things I don't know much about, but Europe is where my main interest lies.

Here's some interesting news and notes from me that wouldn't be really interesting enough to start a new thread: I got my first Australian coins yesterday. A friendly forum member GAVE me a passle of incredible stuff and it included two Australian coins-a threepence from 1943 (I think...I'm kind of overwhelmed here!) and a Shilling from 1963. This is very cool because Australia was the country I didn't have that I wanted most. I have lots of friends in Australia but none of them have been able to mail me a coin, but I did get two currency pieces from Australia. I do have some more news but I have pictures for that which I will be posting soon in a new thread...

I recently found out that a friend of mine will be backpacking Europe this year, and I am trying to convince her to bring me coins from wherever she goes!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I have been buying medals along with building a web site. I'm not though uploading and cataloging yet, but what I have completed is in my sig line.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    One newborn and one one and a half year old.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    I've still been looking at sales and auctions, but haven't picked up anything new for over 6months now.
  • Today must be one of those days!image
  • HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    I echo what Marcel said. I've been really busy with work and spending time with Sophia. I do read the threads when I can, but find I have little time to engage much.

• << <i>I echo what Marcel said. I've been really busy with work and spending time with Sophia. I do read the threads when I can, but find I have little time to engage much. >>

Hus,
    I've been busy up on Coin Network lately.

Here's a link that will be right up your street,as it were; British Coins Group.

Aidan.

• My purchases have been few lately. It's nice to see what others here are collecting, though.

I doubt that I have much more to offer here but lots of pictures....maybe a silly question occasionally, too.image

• William,
    One day,I will be getting my computer's original power box back up & running,& being able to scan & upload photos into both my galleries,& onto forums,such as here.

Uploading some photos will really liven this place up.

Aidan.

• << <i>William,
    One day,I will be getting my computer's original power box back up & running,& being able to scan & upload photos into both my galleries,& onto forums,such as here.

Uploading some photos will really liven this place up.

Aidan. >>

Sounds good, can't wait to see 'em!image

The picture threads here are some of my favorites. I get a lot of good collecting ideas out of them, too. I'm afraid that about all of the coins that I own has already been posted to death here.image