Home Sports Talk

Just Curious ... Who Here Has Actually Attended The Super Bowl?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
Just curious, who here has actually been to the Super Bowl? I've been the NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Finals and World Series, but never the Super Bowl. If the game ever makes it back to San Diego, I'm going. All I have to do then, is wake up, drive one (1) hour to the game, watch the game and drive back home. No plane tickets, no hotels, etc.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Stanley Cup Finals - Islanders
    World Series - Mets - in the '86 series I was sitting by first base as the ball went thru Buckner's legs.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I've been to the NHL Playoffs (Bruins/Sabres in 99 I think), I went to every Red Sox home playoff game from 95-02 (I used to be CRAZY lucky on the phone for tickets), I was at the 97 AFC Championship game (Patriots/Jaguars) and I've been to a few Celtics playoff games (the most recent of which was C's/Pistons in 01 or 02 - lowest scoring game in playoff history actually).

But I've never been to a championship game. One of those things that I have to do before I die.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to baseball WS games and one All Star game - but no Super Bowl game yet.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i><<World Series - Mets - in the '86 series I was sitting by first base as the ball went thru Buckner's legs. >>

That is way cool. No doubt one of the Top 10 moments in baseball history. >>

I have the tickets someplace in my collection. I'll scan them in here if I find them tomorrow.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Sunday will be my 4th Super Bowl. I have been to every Florida Super Bowl since 2001 (I live in Gainesville).

My wife is related to the owner of the San Diego Chargers, so I have been lucky enough to be able to get tickets through them.

2001-Tampa Giants-Ravens Tickets in the lower level, 15 yard line
    2005-Jacksonville Eagles-Patriots Tickets were on the 35 yard line in the Club seats
    2007-Miami Bears-Colts Tickets were in Row 11, on the 50 yard line
    2009-Tampa Cardinals-Steelers Tickets in the lower level, 20 yard line
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super Bowl 25 in Tampa. I waited 30 years as a loyal Bills fan for that day. But half time were New Kids on the Block. Ugh.... Then wide right.

Over all I had a great time but probably will never be able to do it again. Tickets were $125 or $150. Now $1500.00?
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I have been to six WS games, tons of LCS and Division series games, and a bunch of March Madness games (no final four). I went to the HR Derby in Atlanta, but not the AS game. My sons were at the Miami-Alabama championship game in 92.

• << <i>Super Bowl 25 in Tampa. I waited 30 years as a loyal Bills fan for that day. But half time were New Kids on the Block. Ugh.... Then wide right.

Over all I had a great time but probably will never be able to do it again. Tickets were $125 or $150. Now $1500.00? >>

Face value this year was $800 and $1,000
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I have been to a TON of sporting events including countless playoff games, at least two world series games, all-star, NCAA hoops, Rose Bowls, 2 no hitters, etc... but never a Super Bowl. One day.... Maybe next time the Ram's make it I will go!

P.S. Best atmosphere at "big" game that I have been to was Sac King's playoff game back when they were good. Went to a game against Dallas one year, had seats in THE top row, and still had a blast!
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Super Bowls - Atlanta (DAL v BUF), San Diego (DEN v GB), Houston (NE v CAR)

World Series - KC v STL, BOS v STL, HOU v CW

NBA Finals - HOU v NYK, HOU v ORL
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts