Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS at World Money Fair Berlin

Don Willis and Muriel Eymery of PCGS will be at the upcoming World Money Fair in Berlin. Here's info......

PCGS at World Money Fair Berlin 2009

-donn-
"If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Muriel is almost a regular. Last year she was there with Ron Guth.

In between us, the Berlin money fair is overrated, unless you collect euro blisters.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    But because fair is fair, Berlin has been very nice to me last year. I'll be always grateful to Ron Guth for the extreme length he went to bring me a submission freshly graded from PCGS, that I hadn't been able to collect a month earlier in NY. It was a 20 coin complete Ionian 1819-1862 date and type set. We met with Ron at the Customs, and I 'll never forget that I was lucky to import these coins ,VAT and problem free thanks to Ron's influence and perhaps my presence too. Because I think only 2 or 3 out of over 20 submissions were accepted, others would return to the US and their owners would try to reimport and escape this dreadful VAT once more.

And Berlin is a great city.To top things up, I clumsily broke the top glass of the display of nice German dealer Dirk Loebbers, a rare exception with Philip that show consistently with nice coins, among the myriad of wholesale and retail eurosets, euros and blister-nightmare.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But because fair is fair, Berlin has been very nice to me last year. I'll be always grateful to Ron Guth for the extreme length he went to bring me a submission freshly graded from PCGS, that I hadn't been able to collect a month earlier in NY. It was a 20 coin complete Ionian 1819-1862 date and type set. We met with Ron at the Customs, and I 'll never forget that I was lucky to import these coins ,VAT and problem free thanks to Ron's influence and perhaps my presence too. Because I think only 2 or 3 out of over 20 submissions were accepted, others would return to the US and their owners would try to reimport and escape this dreadful VAT once more.

And Berlin is a great city.To top things up, I clumsily broke the top glass of the display of nice German dealer Dirk Loebbers, a rare exception with Philip that show consistently with nice coins, among the myriad of wholesale and retail eurosets, euros and blister-nightmare. >>

D:

Dirk has replaced the glassimage I am also a big fan of Berlin and know you picked up some of those nice Greek € blistersimage

Larry
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.