Home Sports Talk

17 Days until....

Pitchers and Catchers report for Spring Training! It's time to get ready for the most wonderful time of the year!

Comments

• amen brother. amen!
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< most wonderful time of the year >>>

I agree with that, even though I enjoy football more than baseball as a sport, I still luv baseball and the "anticipation" of Spring and Summer coming, and the anticipation of all the good things that warmer weather brings, including the game of baseball, does make it a wonderful time.

And looking forward to seeing if the Phillies can repeat, ain't bad either. image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    can't wait!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    It can't come soon enough.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Nearing sports hibernation time. Baseball = yawn. Wake me again in August when football is starting up

• << <i>Nearing sports hibernation time. Baseball = yawn. >>

Can we start a petition to ban this guy?

<< <i>

<< <i>Nearing sports hibernation time. Baseball = yawn. >>

Can we start a petition to ban this guy? >>

LOL, c'mon. The worst, slowest, most boring sport this side of soccer or golf to watch is clearly baseball. But it's okay... if it's your thang. But a horrible boring sport that's modified by the fact they don't have a cap = sucks arse image

• << <i>

LOL, c'mon. The worst, slowest, most boring sport this side of soccer or golf to watch is clearly baseball. But it's okay... if it's your thang. But a horrible boring sport that's modified by the fact they don't have a cap = sucks arse image >>

Cool. Don't reply in a baseball thread if it's not your "thang".

• << <i>Cool. Don't reply in a baseball thread if it's not your "thang". >>

The Michigan Poker forum was too busy for him to login.

• << <i>

<< <i>Cool. Don't reply in a baseball thread if it's not your "thang". >>

The Michigan Poker forum was too busy for him to login. >>

I believe it. After the season that UMichigan and the Lions had, I'd be trying to gamble my way out of depression too.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Goot for the great thread....I just had one of the worst days in that last year but knowing baseball is getting closer helps a little bit.

brian
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOL, c'mon. The worst, slowest, most boring sport this side of soccer or golf to watch is clearly baseball. But it's okay... if it's your thang. But a horrible boring sport that's modified by the fact they don't have a cap = sucks arse image >>

Cool. Don't reply in a baseball thread if it's not your "thang". >>

BINGO
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Nearing sports hibernation time. Baseball = yawn. >>

Can we start a petition to ban this guy? >>

Then do yourself a favor and just drive right on thru...no one will miss ya. image
    LOL, lil touchy... because I'm right?

Just effing around. Baseball is still boring as chit to watch on TV in my opinion. But it's cool to listen to on the radio.

• << <i>LOL, lil touchy... because I'm right?

Just effing around. Baseball is still boring as chit to watch on TV in my opinion. But it's cool to listen to on the radio. >>

I could care less if you think it's boring. Heck, I think it's boring at times but it all depends on the game, situation, etc.

Different strokes for different folks, I get that man. My problem isn't that you don't like the sport, it's just that you feel the need to come into a baseball thread and show your dislike for it when me and most other people on here could give a blank about how you feel about baseball.

Just because you open a thread doesn't mean you're forced to reply, even if you don't like the content of the post.

<< <i> I could care less if you think it's boring. Heck, I think it's boring at times but it all depends on the game, situation, etc.

Different strokes for different folks, I get that man. My problem isn't that you don't like the sport, it's just that you feel the need to come into a baseball thread and show your dislike for it when me and most other people on here could give a blank about how you feel about baseball.

Just because you open a thread doesn't mean you're forced to reply, even if you don't like the content of the post. >>

I don't disagree with the "situation" aspect. But whether I want to open a thread and reply or not shouldn't really matter to you. I didn't know this forum and particular thread were so exclusive. I thought I could reply to whatever thread I want and however I wanted, as long as it was acceptable to PSA. But beyond that, I was just having a little fun jerking a few chains. Sorry if anybody's panties got in a bunch because of it. I guess if you're someone who can claim that you've never opened a post here knowing your intent was to jerk someone elses chain, I apologize to you from the very bottom of my blackened heart. But I suspect that's not the case, so I wont be preparing any speeches just yet. Again, was just in the thread to eff around a little. So tug the panties out of your crack and loosen up a little image

• << <i>

<< <i> I could care less if you think it's boring. Heck, I think it's boring at times but it all depends on the game, situation, etc.

Just because you open a thread doesn't mean you're forced to reply, even if you don't like the content of the post. >>

I don't disagree with the "situation" aspect. But whether I want to open a thread and reply or not shouldn't really matter to you. I didn't know this forum and particular thread were so exclusive. I thought I could reply to whatever thread I want and however I wanted, as long as it was acceptable to PSA. But beyond that, I was just having a little fun jerking a few chains. Sorry if anybody's panties got in a bunch because of it. I guess if you're someone who can claim that you've never opened a post here knowing your intent was to jerk someone elses chain, I apologize to you from the very bottom of my blackened heart. But I suspect that's not the case, so I wont be preparing any speeches just yet. Again, was just in the thread to eff around a little. So tug the panties out of your crack and loosen up a little image >>

edit: pm sent!
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Man I can not wait for the season to get started. I wish they did have a few more games on tv though.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    goot you going to be posting pictures this year of spring training????

if so can't wait
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    " The worst, slowest, most boring sport this side of soccer or golf to watch is clearly baseball"

You must be kidding, football has a CLOCK of 1 hour, how the hell does it take 4 hours to play the superbowl?

GAWD talk about boring
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Baseball is cool because it takes us back to our childhoods.
    Reminds us of playing little league and eating peanuts and popcorn in the stands with our dads.

As far as actually watching a game nowadays,
    well lets just say it's not for everyone, including myself, but I know better than to make fun of it.

MLB fans are extremely defensive about the 'B' word ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"