Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1887 German 20 Pfennig

Ok, I took Dan's advice and read up on coin photography. I don't have the lights the guy was talking about nor the small tripod so I had to make use of the sunlight and a steady hand. Not too shabby but does leave a lot to be desired.

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    That is a nice photo considering that you do not have any experience taking photos. I am not the best photographer in the world, even that I have a great setup. It is what you put into it. The main idea is to try to capture the coin the way it looks in hand. I, obviously, for whatever reason have not been able to do that using the Nikon D700 and a nice Nikkor lense to boot. For whatever reason, I am still not able to capture what the coin should look like in hand.!! -Dan
  • Options
    I am actually impressed and would buy the coin according to the photo as long as you graded it accordingly. -Dan
  • Options
    Buy yourself a good tripod. -Dan
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Yeah decent tripod would work wonders. If you see what appear to be dents or cracks on the edges its actually fibers from the 2x2. I
    m using a Nikon D40 on it with the stock lens. I have a nice large zoom lens but I can't get it to focus on the coin at close ranges
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Also I'm not any good at grading so I have no idea what the coin is, wasn't labeled when I got it. It came with another coin I bought. I got a 1875 German 1mark, MS64, for $35. He threw in this coin and a Canadian Dollar... I believe it was a 1969...just threw it in a box with my others.