Home Sports Talk
Options

2009 College Baseball Poll

Here's the coaches poll. There are about 4 different polls but the Coaches is one of, if not THE, most respected college baseball poll out there. My Bulls are receiving votes in a few, so hopefully we can live up to expectations and make it back to a Regional. February 20th can't come soon enough!

First Place votes in parenthesis

1 LSU (14)
2 North Carolina (12)
3 Rice (1)
4 Georgia
5 Texas A&M (2)
6 Stanford (1)
7 Arizona State
8 Cal State Fullerton
9t Florida State
9t Texas
11 Mississippi
12 Georgia Tech
13 Oklahoma State
14 Miami (Fla.)
15 San Diego
16 Louisville
17 Baylor
18 UC-Irvine
19 Fresno State
20 Missouri
21 Pepperdine
22 UCLA
23 Florida
24 Coastal Carolina
25 Clemson

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    7 teams from Cali in the top 25. image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Titans!

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>1 LSU (14) >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>1 LSU (14) >>

image >>

That new Alex Box Stadium is (pardon my new school ways image) BALLLLIN. The place is nicer than 95% of the minor league parks out there. You can't see it in the pic, but seating goes all the way down the lines and I think capacity will be somewhere around 8.5K.

Edited for pics: WOW!

• Options
    Awesome pic! Can't wait to see it in person this season.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>7 teams from Cali in the top 25. image >>

That's the norm out here in baseball country. That doesn't even factor our JC's that would whoop up on some of the majors. image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Oh ya, I should have said 7 in Cali but 5 and a half of them are in So Cal... with Fresno being the middle ground and Stanford the only obvious Nor Cal team. So Cal, Florida, Texas... have sun and good baseball!
  • Options

<< <i> So Cal, Florida, Texas... have sun and good baseball! >>

The depth is really shown when you look at the "receiving votes" category. California has USC, LB State, U Cal, and San Diego State. Texas has TCU and Dallas Baptist. Florida has UCF, USF, and Bethune Cookman. There are multiple OTHER competitive teams in each state as well.

North Carolina's a pretty good baseball state too. They've got UNC, NC ST, Elon, UNC-Wilmington and East Carolina that all field competitive teams year in and year out.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    we have local high school baseball sign up today

practice sat and wed night

its getting close
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>we have local high school baseball sign up today

practice sat and wed night

its getting close >>

I realize there's an obvious difference in weather between PA and FL at this time of the year, but when does your season start? Our baseball team's been working out since December and their first game is the second week of February.

We've got a very young team this year but the pitching should be solid and the only real problem is the infield. The coach is my calc teacher and coached me back in little league. He remembered that I played 2nd base and asked if I wanted to try out since they need all the help they can get at SS and 2B. Unfortunately I had to inform him that I haven't seriously played baseball other than catch and the batting cages since my sophomore year on JV. image

edit: I just realized that I forgot to return your pm the other day! My bad Fred, pm sent.....
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    UNC will win it all this year! GO HEALS!
  • Options

<< <i>GO HEALS! >>

I can tell you're their number one fan....image
  • Options
    our practice season start like the 1st week in march and the season 1st week in april. yeah not much time thats why we try to get ahead start on things. but with basketball still going its tough, up here you usually play a couple of sports in school, we just don't have a lot of guys.

i think you should play, you won't regret it but you might regret not playing.

remember
    its better to regret something you did instead of something you didn't do.

you'll pick it back up pretty quick, go for it
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    by the way sorry not to see notre dame on the list, hopefully they can get better as the year goes on.
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>by the way sorry not to see notre dame on the list, hopefully they can get better as the year goes on. >>

They're receiving votes.

The Big East coaches preseason poll just came out and it goes:

1) Louisville
    2) USF
    3) Notre Dame
    4) St. Johns

Those are the 4 main contenders in the Big East this year.

• Options
    gotta be tough for big east baseball teams to break into the top 25, that weather stinks
    Fred