Home Sports Talk
Options

I need some drugs

stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
This "no football" this weekend is giving me withdrawal pain. I'm in mild agony. I'm hopeful taking some Tylenol along with plenty of hard liquor will help.

Comments

• Options
    I'm considering shouting some insults at Boopotts, Stalin, or some Cowboys or Mets fans to take my mind off it.
  • Options
    Okay here goes...Boopotts is a lousy poker player, Stalin is a lousy musician, and the Cowboys and Mets suck.

Ya know - I do feel better now. image
  • Options
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard is on his way to becoming a glorified Dave Kingman...image

Ok, carry on..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I try to look on the bright side.

Don't really care much about any of the other sports,
    so between now and the start of next football season is the only time I get anything done ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Howard is on his way to becoming a glorified Dave Kingman...image

Ok, carry on.. >>

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Is it baseball season yet? I can't wait for Cole "30 game winner" Hamels to take the mound on opening day!

Maybe we could start a thread on who we think is going to win 2nd place in the NL East...Marlins, Braves or Mets!

JS
  • Options
    While I'm really a fan of all sports, this is where it's good to be a big fan of College Football. Spring Football starts in 2 months!
  • Options

<< <i>Is it baseball season yet? I can't wait for Cole "30 game winner" Hamels to take the mound on opening day!

Maybe we could start a thread on who we think is going to win 2nd place in the NL East...Marlins, Braves or Mets!

JS >>

Pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training not too far off, thank goodness - that does ease the pain somewhat.

No offense to basketball and hockey fans, two great sports, but just not my cup of tea - although now and then I'll take in a live game of basketball or hockey at the arena and it is good entertainment.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Oh man, I have to go to some spring training games this year. I wish Clearwater wasn't so far away.

JS
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh man, I have to go to some spring training games this year. I wish Clearwater wasn't so far away.

JS >>

It's not for me. I can make it to the field in a 1/2 hour.

I'll be glad to sit in for you and toss eggs at all the Phillies players if you like.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh man, I have to go to some spring training games this year. I wish Clearwater wasn't so far away.

JS >>

I'll be glad to sit in for you and toss eggs at all the Phillies players if you like. >>

Now that's just downright mean! image

Ya know I've always believed that if everyone used astroturf on their yards, along with plastic bushes and trees, then we wouldn't need landscapers!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the Mets to sign this Ramirez fella and plug him to LF, batting 4th..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

JS >>

I'll be glad to sit in for you and toss eggs at all the Phillies players if you like. >>

Ya know I've always believed that if everyone used astroturf on their yards, along with plastic bushes and trees, then we wouldn't need landscapers! >>

That was a good one Steve. Thanks for the laugh.

I told you the story about that old lady that did just that didn't I?
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While I'm really a fan of all sports, this is where it's good to be a big fan of College Football. Spring Football starts in 2 months! >>

Its a great time to be a college basketball fan also. Especially to be a fan of the Kansas Jayhawks, defending national champions. And its really great not having KCballboy come on here and tell me how they will choke once the NCAA tourney starts, like he used to pre-2008. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

JS >>

Ya know I've always believed that if everyone used astroturf on their yards, along with plastic bushes and trees, then we wouldn't need landscapers! >>

That was a good one Steve. Thanks for the laugh.

I told you the story about that old lady that did just that didn't I? >>

Well, at least she didn't pave her yard, right? LOL
  • Options
    Very nice YouTube, lawnmowerman. I'm gonna bump it to the top just so I don't forget to watch it again tomorrow.

What ever happened to Huey Lewis anyway? Makes me think of Back To The Future -- he must have had one of the hit songs in that movie??