Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

JHF Roosie Registry set...

Why is the JHF Silver Roosie set still listed in the #1 spot? The set was sold off as we all know, have seen, and read about.
Is there something I'm missing here as to its retirement? image
Dan

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell ya Dan, its just too hard to part with those amazin' Roosies. Now if they were those cheap-o rusted out Lincoln cents, they'd be gone in a millisecond!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan: FYI. BJ personally asked me to NOT touch the JHF dimes so that she could properly retire the sets #1. When JHF submitted his dimes to PCGS, including the pedigree process, he received new serial numbers and there was some issue that had one of his sets move down to #17 place. I brought this to BJ's attention and she told me she would try to fix it and in the meantime to not touch the sets. So there we stand. Next week, I'll ask BJ if she was able to wrap everything up to retire the 2 sets #1.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    I think I'm #2, and I'm not worried about it. Figured JHF would get around to it sooner or later, and Mitch's explanation makes sense. Those sets deserve to be in the all-time finest #1 slots when retired.

Dan
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    You guys make it sound like I am being snotty with my inquiry.
    WRONG..
    I was just asking a question. No one has more respect for JHF and his dimes than a true Roosie fan.
    I see him and his set for what they are and were... Pure class all the way. So there, nah nah na nah na. image
    Dan
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All should be well until

<< The deadline for the 2009 awards is Tuesday, June 30, 2009. All sets must be registered and updated no later than 5pm EST (2pm PST). Please plan ahead when sending potential set registry coins to PCGS for grading. We do not extend the deadline for any reason. >>

• Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Sorry Dan, I didn't mean it that way. I had been a little curious, but then this post drew Mitch's explanation, which makes sense. So, ha ha ha right back at ya!

Dan
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    A new #1 Roosie guy? Exciting! image
  • Options
    Not to mention that the thread gives me a justification to "pester" BJ next week.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan,

I didn't read into your comment anything other than just a question. I myself was wondering...image

If his set wasn't #1, I would definately had said something myself.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like all the JHF Roosevelt sets are now retired.
  • Options
    Amazing what one email to BJ will do!

And, as it turns out, last week she even emailed me about the sets letting me know they were ready to be retired. image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Dan (dcgolfer). Excellent "close to perfect" set. image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Dan! I just to looked to see you are now number 1. I took a trip down memory lane and can't believe it has been 7 years since I retired my set (White Fang 2002). Man, time flies ....
    Doug
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! image