Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I've accomplished one of my goals!

As some of you know, I've collected SMS coins for a number of years and always hoped to have a complete set with the cameo designation. With the help of many people here, I've accomplished that goal.

I wanted to send out special thanks to the following members who all contributed to my cause:

LasVegasTeddy, Stephunter, RegistryCoin, Segoja, Russ, DRG, R&I Coins, and Dabigkahuna

I will continue my search for coins that might improve my set and I hope to continue the many friendships begun here!

Thanks to all!

Mark

I'm here to learn a little something...
Mark's Mattes
Mark's Cameo SMS Set
Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set

Comments

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

It's a reat feeling whenever you accomplish a goal you've set.

Will you make your 'downgrades' available here ? image

Oh, do you have a new goal, other rhan upgrades??
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Ajia - thanks and as far as my "downgrades" - Russ has done a good job for me and I plan on using his services to clear out some of my extras.

My next goal? As you can see in my tagline, I also have a colorful set of MPLincolns I've been working on and I have a couple of holes to fill there...after that, I'm open to suggestions! image

Thanks!
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ajia - thanks and as My next goal? As you can see in my tagline, I also have a colorful set of MPLincolns I've been working on and I have a couple of holes to fill there...after that, I'm open to suggestions! image
    Thanks! >>

I think you should get started on some proof Buffalos while the prices are still relatively cheap. The mintage numbers are comparable to MPL's, but priced a bunch less. Try and find a 67 MPL for around $2k.image
  • Options
    Bob -

I've thought of the Proof Buffs as a natural extension to my Matte Proof Lincolns -

Where's the best place to find nice buffs?
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    This thread is almost meaningless with out pics
  • Options
    Would you like pictures of those who helped me? image

Sorry, I have just a few of my SMS coins with photos - check my tagline to see the few that are.

Mark
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and I hope to continue the many friendships begun here! >>

One of the greatest benefits. Congratulations on your accomplishment! image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the day I finally finished my SMS set in PCGS cameo. If I remember correctly, it was the 1967 cent with decent mirrors.

Congrats on putting together a very difficult set of coins - most people don't have a clue how hard some of these are to find in cameo.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Congradulations! It must be nice having finished a set, even if you're left with the ever-burning "now what?"
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Congratulations I know the feeling and you had help from some of the best in the business...great people from my experience as well....