Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New to Registry

Hello,

I just started my first few sets and I ran into a problem. After you publish your set can you add new coins to it? The option of "add coin" is no longer on the my sets page. I did add the new coin to "my inventory" but it would not transfer over to my published set. The new coin in question is a 1804 quarter and I cant wait to add her to my draped bust quarter set. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Welcome

Try going into the set by clicking EDIT and either scroll to the coin in question and CLICK ADD COIN or towards the top of the page CLICK Add Best Available Items. After you do this, you'll have to CONFIRM CHANGES for the coin to show up in the set.

• Options
    After you add the coin to your inventory, you need to go back to "my set registry". There will be a place that says sets you have that need updating (In the upper left area). Click that on and go through the process. If you want to start a new set for your coin, click on "add new set". That will give you a list of sets available to start that coins in your inventory qualify for. Remember: you must add coins to your inventory before you add them to your sets.

Edit: Sorry, I may not have read your question right. Sounds like you did all that. Perhaps the problem may be with the coin number. Is the coin an atributed variety? ie: Bolenger number, etc. If it is, then they may not have assigned the coin to the set yet. If that is the problem, go to the edit section of the set in question. There will be an area you can click called "report a cert that should match composite". You can add the requested information there. It will take PCGS 1 or 2 working days to add the variety to the slot. If it still can not be added after a few days, you will need to email them about the problem.
  • Options

<< <i>After you add the coin to your inventory, you need to go back to "my set registry". There will be a place that says sets you have that need updating (In the upper left area). Click that on and go through the process. If you want to start a new set for your coin, click on "add new set". That will give you a list of sets available to start that coins in your inventory qualify for. Remember: you must add coins to your inventory before you add them to your sets.

Edit: Sorry, I may not have read your question right. Sounds like you did all that. Perhaps the problem may be with the coin number. Is the coin an atributed variety? ie: Bolenger number, etc. If it is, then they may not have assigned the coin to the set yet. If that is the problem, go to the edit section of the set in question. There will be an area you can click called "report a cert that should match composite". You can add the requested information there. It will take PCGS 1 or 2 working days to add the variety to the slot. If it still can not be added after a few days, you will need to email them about the problem. >>

Thanks sonoranmonsoon and DBEMIKE. I have tried all of your suggestions and none have worked. It's odd because the coin went directly into one of my unpublished sets(bust quarters 1796-1838) but it wont allow me to add it to the published set (1796-1807). In fact the option to add coin is not even on my set edit page. I have emailed PCGS and reported the problem. Thanks again for the help.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Welcome to the Registry. Enjoy yourself. Cossetta and BJ are always very helpful.image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I think all CSRs are great.
    Probably a cert # mix-up.
    Don't sweat it, they'll get right soon.