Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Former Corwin Lincolns in Heritage Auction starting Feb 4 in Long Beach

Heads up on this one.

Some of the nicest high grade Lincolns are for sale in this auction! The Corwin varietes for the Registry Set were up for sale in the Heritage Houston show in November along with the ex-Corwin 1909-S VDB in MS-66RD, but in my opinion, some of the finest Lincolns are ex-Corwin. In fact, the 1919 in MS-68 is the nicest I've ever seen of this date with the exception of Blay's magnificent MS-69 RD! Ditto for the 1915-S in MS-66 Red. I sold the set to Jack Lee for Corwin and Jack got pneumonia and died berfore he could compare coin for coin with those in his own collection. The missing dates in this auction are ones I sold privately with Jack's permission before I shipped the set to him. Hopefully, with a better venue and with mostly higher quality pieces, these should do much better than the prices realized in the Houston auction late last year. I received the catalog today and Heritage did a nice job, and the coin photos are now online as well.

Good luck. This may be the last opportunity to get some real nice and scarce Lincolns. Most of the recent auctions had coins which paled in comparison to Corwin's pieces.

Ira Stein
Dealer/old-time collector

Comments