Home Sports Talk
Options

Over 25 years on the waiting list - Finally!

2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
In September of 1983, I put myself on the waiting list for season tickets for the New York Giants. At the time, I was 33 and my son was 7. A couple of days ago, the Giants ticket office called and said I had made it to the top of the list. To make a long story short, when the new stadium opens for the 2010 season, I will have four season tickets on the Mezzanine Level. Yes, they're toward the corner of the end zone but the PSL is a whole lot cheaper there than in other areas of the stadium and that part of the Mezzanine is covered by the upper deck. Ironically, my son just turned 33 a few months ago. Needless to say, I have a very happy son, brother, brother-in-law, etc. It was close but I made it before I became eligible for Social Security. I figure I'll go to the early season games and let the younger generation go in the cold weather.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations! Season tickets are tough to impossible to come by for some franchises, so any time you get to the top of the list is a great day. image
  • Options
    Nice.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Congrats, im sure you will enjoy it that much more after the wait.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    That is great. I will try one day to get Colts season tickets are they hard to come by?
  • Options
    Congrats. That is a great story.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Well worth the wait. Congrats!

shawn
  • Options
    Congrats...ENJOY!
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, I was lucky enough to get two club seat season tickets when the Browns returned. It gets harder each year to come up with the money to pay for tickets but it's been worth it. Have taken both my kids to their first NFL games and have seen most of the teams over the years they have been back.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I've been on the Steelers waiting list for years with no end in sight.
  • Options
    forgot to add that the Browns also have a waiting list. A buddy of mine has been waiting since their return but hasn't moved up much even though the Browns have basically sucked since their return.....the Cleveland fans are diehards.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping that this thread was the waiting list for The Masters. They had their waiting list close in like 1978! 31 freaking years ago. They they opened it up briefly in like 1993 and it closed after like a week again and has been closed ever since - that's the WAITING LIST. And you have to figure some people on the original waiting list died causing them to be removed! image
  • Options
    A friend of mine was lucky enough to go to the masters back in the 80's. Don't remember exactly how he got the tickets but he spent a week down there and said it was wonderful. Another buddy of mine went out and played Peeble Beach....he said if you were a golfer you have to spend the money and play the course once....I think he said it was something like $400 to play.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    cool story

you don't often hear about people finally getting that call that its their turn.

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Sounds like you are getting ready to build a lifetime of memories. I will never forget the few years my father had season tickets for the UCLA football team back in the 70's at the LA Colesium. Nothing like those days!

Thanks for sharing!

brian