Home Precious Metals
Options

Went Half Hunting Today . . .

Needed to cash a check for the coin show tomorrow and decided to walk in to see if they had any halves. They didn't image . . . but the teller called the other branches and one did have some in the vault. Rode over there and bought all she had - $310, all hand rolled. Most of the rolls were barren but there were 5 or 6 rolls that had this guy's name on them . . . jackpot, sort'a. Found 71 40% Kennedys and 4 '64s. Also found was a 1977-S Proof and a 1950 100 Franc coin, but I don't think that there is any silver in it. image . Anyway not too bad a haul after taking a two year hiatus from bank rolling.

I love to stack at FV! image

Stack'em High,

John
Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    nice haul of silver
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 silver coins out of 620 for face value is pretty dang good. Nice score.
  • Options
    That's a pretty damn good haul, the best I've done in the past year was 6-64 Kennedy and 4-40% halves in $60 of loose half dollars and 1 1945 Silver Roosevelt Medal, 1 Walker, 1-64 Kennedy and 8-40% halves in a $500 box from the fed.
    By the way I wouldn't be so sure that the French Franc isn't silver, it was minted in 1950 and it's entirely possible that it's made from sterling silver which is .925 fine as many European coins were made from sterling not .900 fine like U.S. coins.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered a $500 box from my bank today because of these posts. image
    Wish me luck, they'll arrive next week.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Yea, I think I'm starting to get the fever again!
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!