Home Sports Talk

At least this Super Bowl has some drama to it....

From both teams....

Pittsburgh- Trying to become the first team to get six rings.

Arizona- Trying to win first super bowl (championship) in 61 years.
Arizona- Kurt Warner trying to solidify his Hall of Fame career.

I will be happy with seeing Kurt Warner win, and I will be happy to
see Pittsburgh reign as the all time champions of football.

Last year had good drama too, trying to see an underdog beat an undefeated team.
So we've been lucky two years in a row now.

Comments

• dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    The Steelers will be the first to win six rings.
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Everyone loves dramaimage
  • It's probably just me, but this seems to be one of the most lack-luster Super Bowls of recent memory. Anyone else agree?

• It may be, we will see. Hard hitting vs a very good passing team, I like Az's chance here.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    It has some great drama to me. 1 team with an aging QB looking to complete his legacy. Young star WRs starting their dominance of the league. The other team full of big time defensive stars and a young QB looking to win his 2nd SB. Plus you cannot play down how large the Steeler nation is. The other angle of the game is Tomlin getting the job at Pittsburgh over Wisnehunt and Grimm. That should fill up a few days worth of coverage.

The good thing about this SB just like last year, both QBs are solid so it should be a relatively mistake free game (I hope). Nothing worse than SB being decided by bumpling QBs (Grossman and Gannon were looking at you). It should at least be entertaining.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boldin is certainly pulling all the stops to enhance his personal level of drama.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's probably just me, but this seems to be one of the most lack-luster Super Bowls of recent memory. Anyone else agree? >>

Yep, it's just you...image
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    What?! The champion of professional football here in the United States will be decided in about two weeks? To me, therein lies the drama and nothing else.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<The good thing about this SB just like last year, both QBs are solid so it should be a relatively mistake free game (I hope). >>>

Um, you are joking right? Ben (#2) and Warner (#4) are in the Top 5 for most combined INTs and fumbles. If it weren't for Mr. Overated (Brett Farve) and Mr. Big Game Choke Artist (Romo), they'd be 1 and 2. And you do remember how atrocious Ben was in his first Super Bowl, right? Granted he has a couple more years experience now, but it wouldn't shock me if he turned it over 3 times.....in fact, that is the only scenario in which I see Pittsburgh losing this game.

Passes Intercepted
    1. Brett Favre · NYJ 22
    2. Jay Cutler · DEN 18
    3. Drew Brees · NOR 17
    4. Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 15
    Gus Frerotte · MIN 15
    6. Kurt Warner · ARI 14
    Tony Romo · DAL 14
    8. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 13
    David Garrard · JAX 13
    Marc Bulger · STL 13

Fumbles
    1. Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 14
    2. Tony Romo · DAL 13
    3. Joe Flacco · BAL 12
    JaMarcus Russell · OAK 12
    5. Ryan Fitzpatrick · CIN 11
    J.T. O'Sullivan · SFO 11
    Kurt Warner · ARI 11
    8. Brett Favre · NYJ 10
    Aaron Rodgers · GNB 10
    Matt Schaub · HOU 10

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's probably just me, but this seems to be one of the most lack-luster Super Bowls of recent memory. Anyone else agree? >>

Yep, it's just you...image >>

Gotta agree with Mark.

The Steelers going for #6. The Cardinals in their first one ever. Kurt Warner's comeback. Lots of great story lines here.

First of all Ben only had 7 fumbles lost in 2008 not 14 and if you look closely at least 16 QBs had 11 or more INT's on the season so 14 and 15 are not that much higher than league median.

How many turnovers have there been in this post season by the QBs? Both playing very good mistake free football so the hope for a good came is there.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I won't get into arguing stats with the above people. I am excited to see a team with much success in the Super Bowl era against a team with NO success and an aging QB with moderate HOF credentials. I think this will be fun. Plus, as discussed elsewhere, at length, I do think a Super Bowl win would print Warner's ticket to Canton.

<< <i>Um, you are joking right? Ben (#2) and Warner (#4) are in the Top 5 for most combined INTs and fumbles. If it weren't for Mr. Overated (Brett Farve) and Mr. Big Game Choke Artist (Romo), they'd be 1 and 2. And you do remember how atrocious Ben was in his first Super Bowl, right? Granted he has a couple more years experience now, but it wouldn't shock me if he turned it over 3 times.....in fact, that is the only scenario in which I see Pittsburgh losing this game >>

Yeah, I stand by my original statement that there would be good QB play by both sides.