Home Sports Talk
Options

Daytona 500 reduces ticket and hot dog prices due to the recession

Some seats in the "superstretch" will be reduced from $99 to $55. Hot dog prices will go from $4 to $3., in addition around 20 hotels
in the Daytona Beach area have agreed to cut prices by varying amounts or reduce minimum stay requirements.

Comments

• Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Racing has become a Soap Opra. I used to love watching it. Now Nascar has put it were all the cars are equal
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're smart - perhaps MLB can take a cue from this, but I doubt they will.

Nothing will be done in MLB until after the Yankees, or some other clubs are forced to file chapter 11.
  • Options
    The Yankees could then have a big bankruptcy sale of all their memorabilia like Circuit City is doing.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    3 dollar hotdog..dang what a deal!
  • Options
    What about the beer? image
  • Options
    The hotdogs are expensive because they use 100% gopher meat - no fillers.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What about the beer? image >>

They probaly went up on thatimage
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I live about 5 minutes from the sppedway,
    hotels have went from $4-500 a night with 5 night min.
    to around $250 a night with 3 day min.Even the sleazy ridgewood
    hotels get $100 a night,includes hookers.I have been curious to see
    what the crowds will be like this year,biketoberfest in oct.
    was down big this year.

J.R.

They actually closed a huge part of the backstretch,put a tarp over it.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    My dad and his buddy that lives up in Virginia used to have tickets to the 500 and the Pepsi 400 from the 80's til about 2000. They would come down for Speedweeks and stay with us. However, ticket prices got way too expensive, so we stopped going and found alternate methods to get our racing fix.

I'm not a big fan of NASCAR anymore either. I'm still a Kasey Kahne fan, but there's no way that I can sit and watch an entire race on TV. I basically check in every half hour and then watch the final 10 laps. Over the past few years I've become more of an IRL and the American Le Mans/ Grand Am sports car racing kind of guy. IRL racing is THE most exciting racing that there is (other than drag racing). We've been going to the 24 Hours of Daytona every year since '99 and it's one of my favorite sporting events to attend. We're able to camp out in the middle of the track, watch 24 hours worth of racing, and get pit passes for LESS than our Daytona 500 seats were.