Home Precious Metals
Options

Is there a Dansco or air-tite album for 1oz silver world bullion?

I have year sets of 1 each Kookaburra, Maple Leaf, Britannia, Libertad and Panda. They currently reside in air-tites but I would like to put them in an album. Their diameters vary slightly, does air-tite or Dansco make an album/pages for world 1oz silver bullion?
Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"

Comments

• Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    I just bought an AirTite album for just that purpose from JP's corner along with 100 Direct Fit AirTites. I've found that most of the 1 oz world bullion fits in the same AirTite size as the ASEs. The album that I bough was the AirTite Album Model H (supposed to fit those).

I'll let you know how it works out when I receive them. Should be by the end of the week hopefully.

Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Dansco makes Maple Leaf & Libertad albums image
    Wish they'd offer a Britannia..

I also collect Silver Panda's... ended up buying a Presentation box from "Panda America"
  • Options
    Where do people buy their Libertads from?
    Liberty on our coins or death!!
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dansco makes Maple Leaf & Libertad albums image
    Wish they'd offer a Britannia.. >>

Are they generic or do they have Maple Leaf / Libertad engraved all over it?

Now I'm going to have to do a search and see how the diameters of the coins differ to see if they'll fit in the same album. image

---------edit------

That didn't take long.

Kook - 40mm
    Britannia - 40mm
    Maple Leaf - 38mm
    Panda - 40mm
    Libertad - 40mm

And in case anyone's interested:
    Philharmonic - 37mm
    Koala - 40.6mm

They don't make it easy, do they.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have year sets of 1 each Kookaburra, Maple Leaf, Britannia, Libertad and Panda. They currently reside in air-tites but I would like to put them in an album. Their diameters vary slightly, does air-tite or Dansco make an album/pages for world 1oz silver bullion? >>

I love building SAE albums. Branching out into world issues sounds like alot of fun.
    Lining up those albums on the shelf would be sweet.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dansco makes Maple Leaf & Libertad albums image
    Wish they'd offer a Britannia..

Are they generic or do they have Maple Leaf / Libertad engraved all over it? >>

Dansco offers the SAE, Maple, Libertad labeled album (they look just like the rest of the line)

Here's an option for your Britannia's found on eBay.Uk Display case
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help to one and all! image
  • Options
    I second ajbauman:

Go to jpscorner.com, pick up direct fit air-tites (H Model) in 38 mm, 39 mm and 40.6 mm (Those are internal diameters for the coins. The external diameter of each airtite of the same model line is the same OD) Then buy a 6-page airtite album for the H model holders, which have 5 openings per page. Or, you can buy individual pages.

I would not recommend the airtites with rings because the album pages only hold four coins per page ( this is how I have my SAEs, in a airtite album with rings, six pages, 4 coins per page)
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    Well I am planning on using this AirTite album to hold my Britannias. I received it last night and I have to say that I though it would be bigger.

The album is about 7" x 7" and it has 6 sleeves to hold the cardboard/velvet inserts. Each insert holds 5 coins, so the album will hold a total of 30 coins.

I will be keeping it and it does work well, I guess I was just expecting something full-size, like a regular notebook size or similar.

I'll see if I can get some pics for you tonight.

At $20 for an album that only holds 30 coins, it might get expensive to house your entire world bullion collection. Hope this helps in some way.

I had also ordered 2 extra inserts, which I thought would integrate with the album somehow, but there are only the 6 sleeves for holding inserts, so don't waste your money on the extra pages.

I just thought of something though, you maybe able to purchase the inserts and house them stacked on top of one another in a full size notebook with full-page plastic sleves.

Just found this link, this is even cheaper than JPs corner and if you buy multiple you get even better prices. I haven't ordered from this company before though.
    Buying £2 Britannias