Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1967 Tom Seaver Rookie Mets Postcard

Last night I was the high bidder on a lot of 1960's Mets team issue postcards from Heritage Auctions. One of them was a 1967 Tom Seaver issued during his rookie year. This card was graded Near Mint.

I am thinking about getting it graded. However, in checking the population reports I do not see any 1960's Mets team issue postcards graded. I am wondering if anyone has ever attempted to have any of these postcards graded or it could be the PSA won't grade them since they are not listed in any of the major priceguides. Does anyone have any information they can share?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if they grade them, but that is a great photo on that Seaver postcard. Very nice.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I have been looking for a high end example of this card for a number of years, however, the few I have seen have been in VG-EX condition.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they wouldn't grade it; especially if it's a regular postcard size card. If you don't mind revealing it I am curious what price you paid. I've never heard of this card let alone seen it. It's beautiful!

BTW, just to add a comparison, I have a 1979 Edmonton Oilers postcard Wayne Gretzky "rookie" and I have seen other examples graded. (Mine isn't but I want to have it done one of these days.)
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible photo...one of the very best I've ever seen taken of Tom Terrific...great pickup!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know why they wouldn't grade it; especially if it's a regular postcard size card. If you don't mind revealing it I am curious what price you paid. I've never heard of this card let alone seen it. It's beautiful!

I paid $120 for the entire Mets postcard lot. I listed all of the other Mets postcards individually on ebay Sunday night as I was just interested in the Seaver. I am shipping the Seaver off to PSA today for grading.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    great pose...as an aside, what dates this specificially to 1967?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think they would grade it if it is standard postcard size, but not positive on that. By the way, that's a great looking postcard of Seaver.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

<< <i>great pose...as an aside, what dates this specificially to 1967? >>

I used a couple of websites to determine that it is a 1967 postcard. Beckett give a little information about it. I found a checklist of the 1967 set on oldbaseball.com. I have also seen this card advertised in the past as a 1967 as well.

Beckett link
    oldbaseball.com LINK
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the Dormand postcards of the '50's.
  • Options
    PSA graded this a PSA 7. That's what I was hoping for. First one graded.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 14846484 NEAR MINT 7 1967 METS POSTCARDS TOM SEAVER Card US