Home Precious Metals
Options

Spouse Gold--Hope you enjoy

percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
Thought I'd share these with the PM folks. Jackson and VanBuren Spouse's that I just received.
I love the Capped Bust and Seated Liberty, not to mention the President's Represenations.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

Comments

• Options
    Very nice, Whis side is considered the obverse?
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Liberty is actually the obverse on these.
  • Options
    In that case, I really like the reverse of them, Esp the first one. Nicely detailed.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Cool, I have the first two so far, both for right at melt at the time....

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

image Lay down your Jackson and you will see
    The sweetness you've been cryin' for image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Great pictures guys! I started collecting the series unc. and proof, but did stop after the fourth President Madison. I hope to continue, but only buy the other three Liberty coins in uncirculated only.
    I did buy the four coin spouse presentation cases from the Mint when they came out early in 2007 and plan on displaying the Liberty's in that case.
  • Options
    boot.
  • Options

<< <i>Cool, I have the first two so far, both for right at melt at the time....

>>

Thanks for posting that Jefferson. I still have to add that one to my corral or stable of liberties!!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting....to all

the Jefferson is nice, but the reverse design that the mint decided upon is really botched (IMHO), yet it is the only first spouse coin that bears the President's name on the reverse?

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I do want to do this series eventually. Nice way to put away some gold
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great pictures guys! I started collecting the series unc. and proof, but did stop after the fourth President Madison. I hope to continue, but only buy the other three Liberty coins in uncirculated only.
    I did buy the four coin spouse presentation cases from the Mint when they came out early in 2007 and plan on displaying the Liberty's in that case. >>

You'll need to find some extra plastic capsules from the first 4 coins in the series as they changed the capsule size starting with the Monroe spouse coin... probaby why they stopped selling the boxes as the new coins won't fit. pretty silly...
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Great pictures guys! I started collecting the series unc. and proof, but did stop after the fourth President Madison. I hope to continue, but only buy the other three Liberty coins in uncirculated only.
    I did buy the four coin spouse presentation cases from the Mint when they came out early in 2007 and plan on displaying the Liberty's in that case. >>

You'll need to find some extra plastic capsules from the first 4 coins in the series as they changed the capsule size starting with the Monroe spouse coin... probaby why they stopped selling the boxes as the new coins won't fit. pretty silly... >>

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about that. Luckily I have a big stash of air tites. I found some A12 holders with the foam ring. I took out the foam and they fit perfectly.image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice twosome percyb and Rob.

My JS

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of this thread, I broke my vow not to buy any Spouse coins because the inevitable Hillary coin. I decided to get some of the Liberties. They simply look too good to pass up.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Because of this thread, I broke my vow not to buy any Spouse coins because the inevitable Hillary coin. I decided to get some of the Liberties. They simply look too good to pass up.image >>

Why do so many here keep bringing up their dislike of a Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama First Spouse coin???? Very unlikely they will ever be made... Hillary will only get a coin if Bill dies in the next 6 years or so. Doesn't seem too Likely... same story for an Obama First Spouse coin...
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the Jefferson [...] is the only first spouse coin that bears the President's name on the reverse? >>

Hadn't noticed that before. Interesting observation!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do so many here keep bringing up their dislike of a Hillary Clinton

Because that IS the reason I previously opted not to collect them. That's why.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Recently had my little collection out of the bank:

• Options

<< <i>Recently had my little collection out of the bank:

>>

A very nice stable of wives there!!