Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

ARGHH! Can't edit set?????

Well, after many, many attempts to add my set to the registry, Gayle at PSA finally did it for me. Now I need to update it, but I always am sent to a timeout error page that tells me the certification number is not in the database when I attempt to update. When the certification number is checked, it is correct. Any ideas what the problem is or has anyone else had this problem? I know Gayle is getting tired of my emails and I don't want to have to bother her each time I need to update the set.

Not sure if it will work but any help is appreciated.

(edit: link I provided wouldn't work for everyone)
"We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards

Comments

• Options
    That has happened to me. I end up clicking "continue" after each section. I notice that when I get an error page that the card is already entered
    Zach
  • Options
    Well, I heard from Gayle again and she told me that it may be due to me using a Mac. Just another example of Gates' attempt to rule the world - please don't let .net happen. I can tell you though that she has offered to enter my cards into the set registry for me. I must say that is pretty noble service and I thank you very much Gayle. Mr. Orlando, you need to give this wonderful lady a raise!
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    pinhigh,

You may want to try contacting Mike Castaldi at mike_castaldi@yahoo.com. He uses a Mac for this all of the time and I haven't heard him have any problem. I believe that he's also a Mac technician by trade so he may have some sort of voodoo which will help. Just a thought...

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Frank - Thanks for reminding me of this. I knew that there was another Mac user on the board, I just couldn't remember that it was Mike. He had previously told me that he had some trouble but I don't that it was similar to this. I will contact him and thanks again.
  • Options
    Just an update - Mike was kind enough to tell me about his difficulties with the Set Registry being a Mac user. He let me know that it was probably due to the browser that I was using and his suggestions worked perfectly. Thanks again Mike.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Yup...

All of us that know Mike worship him as well...image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!