Home Metal Detecting

is this any good?

Pioneer Bounty Hunter metal detector....

Used once...she wants 100 bucks for it. Would this be a good detector for a beginner?

Thanks
Kevin

Comments

• Hey Kevin,
    I hate to comment on a detector I have never tried but I thought I would in this case. I used Google to look up the detector you mention and found that Wal-mart sells them brand new for $100 and that there were 40 plus reviews on the Pioneer detector with almost all of them being good. If I were you I would ask the lady to loan it to you for a day and you take it out for a test run to see if this is what you want. The negative thing that I read is that it can't find buried coins and will only located coins on top of the ground. If this is the case you don't want it. If I were you I would save my extra cash and by a Garrett Ace 250 for $213 from Kellyco Metal Detectors on the web. I don't own one of those either but I know some folks on this forum who make great finds with them. Anyway try the Bounty Hunter first before you make up your mind to buy.
    el Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the advise! I could do 213 no prob. Im hoping to go out with my boys and make a hobby of it. The stories on this board facinate me. Thanks

Kevin
  • I think you will enjoy the Garrett better and make more finds. It's a great hobby for the whole family. I bet you will make lots of WW 2 finds. My wife's Grandfather was killed on Guam or a nearby island during the war.
    el Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977