Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1963 FLEER BASEBALL THREAD

One card away from complete. missing Milt Pappas in PSA 7 or better. Great set and like the fact that it is a very small set. It lets you practically memorize every card in the set. Doesnt seem to be a very popular set, I guess missing Mantle seems to have something to do with it. If any one has any experience or feedback about the set I would loe to hear it.

Comments

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image Congratulations on putting this set together. I like this set also. I have about 25% but in mid range quality. The checklist is a tough one to get in high quality. After you get that last card are you planning on starting another set?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, and hope you find that card!image
  • QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    I just finished up the set, including the checklist. Nice set to complete. Centering seems to be the biggest issue on the 1963 fleer cards. Have you guys noticed the cards are numbered in order due to the team city name-Baltimore first 3 cards, Boston next 3 ect....the only exception is they put Mays in as the 4th card (?)...I heard that they had him for the second series, but it never came about due to topps' lawsuit against them, so they pushed him up to the first series.
    I think the photography is a little boring on the set-too many waist up head shots.
    As you guys probably know the checklist and Adcooooock are the tough cards in the set.

Did the checklist come as a mail in offer only, or was it put in packs? Anyone know the truth on that one?

I have 5 beautiful commons to sell-they are Nr-Oliver,Aspromonte,Howser,Wagner,Stenhouse-$30.00 for all 5

The site viewed the correct spelling of Joe Adco k as a forbidden word! It would not let me post it spelled the right way. Pretty funny!
    thats why I spelled it with so many "o"'s
    Scott
    I know a dealer who has a lot of 1963 fleer-He was a big help in putting together my set -LMK if you still need the Pappas-I will see him next weekend. It will be raw,but it will be NR Mt if he has it...I am pretty sure he does.
    LMK Scott

• I found the card at 707. A little pricey but what the heck. Im currently working on 1969 topps, 1960 topps, 1984 donruss, 1989 upper deck, 1990 leaf. the psa registry is addicting. was able to snag a checklist on Ebay for 550. graded psa8 which I thought was a deal.
    Psa 8 checklist must be sweet-I have a really sharp 7 that the cemtering holds it back from an 8-paid 260 for it...really happy with it!
  • Does anybody collect this set? Getting the checklist for 550 in PSA 8 is a very good buy.