Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Got some signed rookie poppage a few minutes ago

This is my last batch of signed rookies that I sent in under the wonderful $10.00 per card special.

I don't get my signed rookies with grades, I only get them authenticated. All 11 authentic. That makes me 98 for 98 so far on my signed rookies that I've sent them.

Time to prepare another batch.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
1 1 14180452 N0: AUTHENTIC 1949 BOWMAN 46 ROBIN ROBERTS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
2 1 14180453 N0: AUTHENTIC 1951 BOWMAN 198 MONTE IRVIN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
3 1 14180454 N0: AUTHENTIC 1979 TOPPS 390 EARL CAMPBELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
4 1 14180455 N0: AUTHENTIC 1984 DONRUSS 248 DON MATTINGLY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
5 1 14180456 N0: AUTHENTIC 1984 FLEER UPDATE U-43 DWIGHT GOODEN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
6 1 14180457 N0: AUTHENTIC 1987 TOPPS TRADED 70T GREG MADDUX PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
7 1 14180458 N0: AUTHENTIC 1990 TOPPS 414 FRANK THOMAS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
8 1 14180459 N0: AUTHENTIC 1991 STADIUM CLUB 388 JEFF BAGWELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
9 1 14180460 N0: AUTHENTIC 1991 UPPER DECK FINAL EDITION 2F PEDRO MARTINEZ PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
10 1 14180461 N0: AUTHENTIC 1992 UPPER DECK MINOR LEAGUE 105 TREVOR HOFFMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
11 1 14180462 N0: AUTHENTIC 1992 BOWMAN 11 TREVOR HOFFMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The streak stays alive. Nice results!

edit because I originally said "steak"

I'm hungry.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards to add to your collection
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Nice one Mike. Check your PM from me.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice Mike. I just shake my head when I see your stuff.
  • Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Great stuff as always, Mike. You have a World Class collection. BTW, I am in awe of the Presidential collection you once had. Tip of the cap, sir!image

Robert
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to distract from the amazingness of your current project, but what will you do when it's over? I mean, the list of HOF players is pretty finite.

Do you have an equally cool back up project in mind yet?
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't mean to distract from the amazingness of your current project, but what will you do when it's over? I mean, the list of HOF players is pretty finite.

Do you have an equally cool back up project in mind yet? >>

Unfortunately (or actually fortunately as it will keep my interest peaked), I don't think I'll be able to come close to completing it, as some of the cards will have an incredibly high price tag IF they ever pop up, Mathewson, Wagner, etc. Realistically, I can probably do all of them from 1938 or so on up and just pick up the older ones as $$$ and opportunity allows. I really enjoy the chase aspect of it. Gives me something fun to look forward to as anytime I jump on the web, I know I might find another one, or two, etc., and then sometimes I can search for days and not find one.

I loved my Presidential collection as well, but that got to be no fun in the "chase" aspect, because in order to get one, all it took was being willing to outlay the $$$ for it, as numerous dealers across the country had them in stock. In other words, you never had to really look too hard to find what you were looking for. For example, if you needed Lincoln, you simply saved the $$$ and could make a quick call to a myriad of dealers and easily find one. So once I completed it, I just decided to sell it and try my hand at something else that interested me. I still have a lot of Presidents and will still occasionally buy/sell them, but I get so much more enjoyment from my rookies.

Mike
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike, would you be willing to let me send a handful of my FB rookie autos on your next auto sub?

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, would you be willing to let me send a handful of my FB rookie autos on your next auto sub?

John >>

Hi John,

sure, just send them to me "ready to go" (IE, in toploaders with a blank white sticker on back of the toploader for me to put the sub # and line #. Also include a list of everything that's there with all the identifiable information that PSA requires, year, card #, brand, name, variation, declared value, etc. etc. etc.) via a trackable method and have all the information listed and your contact information . Send them insured to me for full value in a way that I have to sign for them (so the mailman or UPS doesn't just leave them on my porch as I'm not home during the day). Once I receive them, I'll PM you that I got them and then I will PM you when I send them off to PSA. My next sub will probably realistically be in early February as I don't have very many right now that need to go. Keep the declared value under $500.00 per card as I want to stay in the first tier price level. I require payment in full for the submission before I send them to PSA. If you want to do it, just PM me and I'll send you my address. Also, I only get mine slabbed authentic, I don't do grades, and the whole order has to be consistent, so if you want them graded, I can't send them with mine as I don't get mine graded, only authenticated.

Take care,

Mike