Home Sports Talk
Options

???? would anybody sign Milton Badlee(sic)

Yes it's true. I have rooted for the Chicago Cubs my entire lifeimage
They are the image losers but this move is nor only ridicules but repulsive.image
MB is a KANSIR (sic). A disruptive force on sport that has more than ONE (1) person involved, trying to reach a goal.
terrible terrible terrible.
The money would of been better spent on season tickets to the crosstown sox.
SKYimage
The Sky Pilot

Comments

• Options
    don't say I didn't tell you so

CHICAGO -- Cubs manager Lou Piniella had enough of Milton Bradley's antics on Friday.

Piniella told the outfielder to take off his uniform and sent him home during the Cubs' 5-4 Interleague win over the White Sox after Bradley threw his helmet and tossed a Gatorade cooler in the dugout following a bad at-bat.

Bradley had struck out in the first and the fourth innings, then flew out to left for the second out in the sixth. He threw a fit in the dugout, and Piniella decided to discipline the outfielder.

"I told him to take his uniform off," Piniella said. "He threw his helmet and smashed the water cooler and there was water flying all over. I told him to take his uniform off and go home.

"I followed him up to the clubhouse and we exchanged some words. I don't like when those things happen, but I was tired of watching it."

Piniella said Bradley's actions have been a "common occurrence."

"I've looked the other way a lot," Piniella said, "and I'm done with it."

This season, Bradley's first in Chicago, has not gone well. He was batting .237 overall, and had an embarrassing incident June 12 against Minnesota at Wrigley Field. In that game, he hit a two-run double in the sixth, but also made a baserunning gaffe that inning, lost a ball in the sun in the seventh, and was charged with an error in the eighth when he caught a ball for the second out and threw it to a fan in the bleachers. Someone got a souvenir, and the Twins handed the Cubs a 7-4 Interleague loss.

Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said he would talk to the outfielder, who signed a three-year, $30 million contract with the team this offseason.

"It's something I promise won't be happening again," Hendry said of Bradley's tantrum. (MY "A" SKY SAYS)

SKY
    The Sky Pilot

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cubs are stuck with Bradley. At least its for only 3 years, and not the 4 years that Lugo screwed the Red Sox out of.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't anyone find it ironic that Piniella is known for such over-the-top theatrical tantrums that hace gone so far as to pull up bases and toss them into the outfield and throwing bats from the dugout. Lou never disciplined Zambrano for his antics when Carlos beat the living crap out of the GatorAde dispenser in the dugout after "ejecting" the uppire and throwing the baseball nearly out of the stadium.

I'm not suggesting that Bradley is in the right, but the Cubs knew that Milton was a loose cannon when they signed him.

Maybe Piniella just doesn't want someone throwing better tantrums than he does?
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    3 years at $10 million per is what is most surprising about this thread...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3 years at $10 million per is what is most surprising about this thread... >>

Especially since the Royals gave Jose Guillen 3 years at $12 million per. If we had only waited another year we could have saved $2 mil/year for our overpriced, underperforming malcontent.
    Travis
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Was dissapointed when they signed Bradley and Gregg. Gregg has worked out so far,
    but Bradley? Who couldn't see that coming from 100 miles away?

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I was listening to Ernie Banks on the radio yesterday and he said he wanted to talk to Milton after the all star game and see if there is anything he could do for him and just to see what's going one with him. It would be interesting if Milton ends up learning from Banks as he's one of the greats and an all time gentleman.

Brian
  • Options
    bman90278

I like your avatar and you hit the nail on the head w/ Ernie Banks (unfortunatly maybe someone like BROCK LESNER would have an easier time "KNOCKING" some sense into "MILTON")

SKY
    The Sky Pilot